Albino BN plecos - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > FRESHWATER > Catfish
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Catfish A forum dedicated to the catfish. The never ending L-numbers <3

Old 10-25-2013, 08:59 AM   #1
Tbird
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (31)
Tbird is on a distinguished road
Default Albino BN plecos

Just wondering what everyone feeds their BN pleco fry. I found some in my tank yesterday and managed to put them in a separate HOB container. I've read a few things like mashed peas, blanched lettuce, regular wafers.

What have you had success with?

Thanks
Wil
Tbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2013, 11:08 AM   #2
Y2KGT

Feedback Score: (53)
Y2KGT is a splendid one to behold Y2KGT is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up

Hey Wil,

First of all congrats on the new babies.

I personally have never bred them but I always see folks that do using slices of Zucchini for their BNP fry. When I feed it to my adults I remove it after 24 hours so it doesn't pollute the water.

I would also feed the NLS H2O Tabs. I use them for my regular fry because they don't disintegrate and last 24 hours in the tank. The fry love to pick at it all day.

Good luck.
--
Paul
Y2KGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 11:54 AM   #3
Tbird
Devoted Member

Thanks Paul!!

It was great to see them. I had fry once a long time ago with regular BN but had minimal luck with them. Hoping its better this time. I usually feed my pleco's blanched Zucchini as well, they love it. I rarely have to take it out 24 hours later. LOL The cichlids and loaches all go nuts for it too. I'm out of the NLS discs so I'll have to get some soon. The other ones I have break down fairly quickly.

Been a little crazy little, seems like I've had quite a bit of fry, lately, Yellow labs, Venustus, Afra Cobue, some maingano and some Mpimbwe Fronts. Although I lost a bunch of the fronts, as I stripped a little to early and I had too many in my tumbler. Big eggs!! LOL Hopefully there is a next time, and I'll know to leave her a little longer or split the group into 2 tumblers.

Thanks for the help! We need to get together soon. It's been awhile.

Thanks
Wil

Old 10-25-2013, 04:32 PM   #4
bob123
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (3)
bob123 is just really nice

Congrats on the fry. I have many fry and I just feed them sinking pellets and algae wafers and they grow fast and healthy, once they get to juvie size I feed sweet potato, zucchini, carrots all raw. Good luck with the fry.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
Tbird
Devoted Member

Thanks bob! I picked up some NLS discs and gave them that. Hopefully I'll have better luck this time around. Sometime this weekend they'll get the zucchini.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:31 AM   #6
Bwhiskered
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (18)
Bwhiskered is a name known to all

I feed Blanched snow peas. Boil them 5 minutes and then spread them on a cookie sheet covered with saran wrap and freeze them. Thaw in hot water split them and drop them in. Also buy frozen Brussels Sprouts from Metro. Just thaw in hot water and pull apart. They both sink and the fish love them.
Old 10-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #7
Tbird
Devoted Member

Thanks Bwhiskered!! I appreciate the advice. They have been snacking on the H20 discs and spirulina flakes. So far so good!