GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Help me sex my L340 Mega Clowns

2K views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  Splak 
#1 ·
Hi all, I have 2 L340 Mega Clowns that are both about 2" in size.

I am having trouble sexing them, I think they are both female since they have no noticeable hairs on the body/pectoral fins.

Any ideas?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
do you mean 2" including their tail? cus they look a little small to reliably sex right now.

Also, get to get a direct from above, not cramped to the side pic of them, and as long as they are properly fed, their body shape should be more visible.

#3 ·
do you mean 2" including their tail? cus they look a little small to reliably sex right now.

Also, get to get a direct from above, not cramped to the side pic of them, and as long as they are properly fed, their body shape should be more visible.
Yah, they have been feeding on NLS Grow pellets for a month now, and one is getting really fat and hiding under driftwood. The other(top pic) is skinnier and he is guarding a cave, he goes after the fat one if she goes near it.

So I am hoping I have a male and female.

#4 ·
if you can, get a pic of the "fat" one. Im pretty sure the other one is a male. Are there other caves away from the skinny one? Though not going into the cave is pretty characteristic of a female, but if the dominant male claimed all of the caves as their territory, they will guard and chase away all other males. Depending on the situation, the other one could be a subordinate male.

But if you can catch it, a pic of the other one should answer the question easily.

#6 ·
if you can, get a pic of the "fat" one. Im pretty sure the other one is a male. Are there other caves away from the skinny one? Though not going into the cave is pretty characteristic of a female, but if the dominant male claimed all of the caves as their territory, they will guard and chase away all other males. Depending on the situation, the other one could be a subordinate male.

But if you can catch it, a pic of the other one should answer the question easily.
I guess it isn't as fat as I thought ahah, it is compared to the one hiding in the cave all the time though.

Here is a pic:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.