GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Just an update

3K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  Aceman21 
#1 ·
Just thought I'd share a quick pic of the tank Plant Water Plant community Rectangle Pet supply

See less See more
#5 ·
Yeah I get that... I find the worst of all fights with this hobby is our own impatience.. lol.

What type of lighting are you getting? T5 or LED?
Lol ya that's my biggest problem too. I got myself a used 6 bulb Tek Light. I have two 48" led lights on there now but they're not powerful enough. Once I get this new light installed I'll sell these ones

#6 ·
Really? I'm surprised with 2 x48 inch led lights you are not getting enough par for your high light plants.
I'm getting a Fluval Fresh and Plant 2.0 for my 54g to use as the primary light (suppose to have 66par at 18 inch depth) and then going to use 1 par38 as a suppliment in the middle high light area of the tank. So I'm rather curious as to other's experiences with the led lights available on the market right now.

Do you feel the growth is too slow with the LEDs or that the growth is deformed? or are you wanting to have much better control over the colour available that the T5s give?

#7 ·
Really? I'm surprised with 2 x48 inch led lights you are not getting enough par for your high light plants.

I'm getting a Fluval Fresh and Plant 2.0 for my 54g to use as the primary light (suppose to have 66par at 18 inch depth) and then going to use 1 par38 as a suppliment in the middle high light area of the tank. So I'm rather curious as to other's experiences with the led lights available on the market right now.

Do you feel the growth is too slow with the LEDs or that the growth is deformed? or are you wanting to have much better control over the colour available that the T5s give?
I was thinking about getting the fluval 2.0 as well, but I think I would need two of them. The leds I have are a marineland plant led and a current sat plus. Both are older models and aren't the brightest or give very good colour.

I feel my growth is pretty slow and I think I can get better colour control with the t5's. As it is now with my lights I would say I'm at medium light.

#8 ·
I'll have to let you know how it works out then.. I won't get my light until my parents return from vacationing in Florida (I found a steal of a price on a site in the States and got the light for $100 new+shipped), which will be some time in April. But I'll update my thread with pics too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.