GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Mom's tank

14K views 87 replies 23 participants last post by  cb1021 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I set up this tank for my mom to enjoy. Here are some photos I took tonight, it's about 5-6 weeks old. It's a 80 gallon tank: 48"x20"x20"

Fish include: cherry barbs, pencil fish (Nannostomus eques), black phantom tetras. I choose these fish as they provided the most contrast.

See less See more
#3 ·
Well it's been 2 months. This tank went through a rough stage - hair algae. Finally got the algae down and learned a lot. Glosso carpet didn't work out. In fact, I don't even remember where I was able to secure so much glosso for the initial planting.

Had to remove the driftwood also. The wood was decaying (very soft outer layer), attracted too much algae. Feels like the aquascape is out of balance since there's an open gap in the Iwagumi arrangement.

Not sure what to do from here....

Potential options

#21 · (Edited)
Finally added lots of fish today. 50 Espei Rasaboras, 20 Cardinal Tetras.
Night and day difference. I never realized the tank was so barren. It's a party in here now.

Took some shots of the fish:

Phantom Tetra - Fish with some kind of disease?

Wow I think those are eggs....

This guy is Phantom x Serpae Tetra??

Male German Ram - Wild Caught

Female German Ram - Wild Caught

Espei Rasabora - 1 out of 50

Cherry Barb - super pig eater. I had several Sterbai Cories starve to death in this tank because food never hits the bottom.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.