Default's 90x50x50 FireAqua 'Colour Therapy' - Page 4 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > PLANTED TANKS > Planted Tank Photos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Planted Tank Photos Let's see what you got! Show off your tanks here. Tank journals are encouraged!

Old 07-01-2016, 12:27 PM   #31
jeanniebabie

Feedback Score: (9)
jeanniebabie is on a distinguished road

The tank is truly beautiful and the addition of these Bolivians will keep it interesting. Once they start to settle down and pair up the boys will add additional colour and splash to this already gorgeous setting.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
jeanniebabie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2016, 07:41 AM   #32
lnguyen
Up-and-comer

Feedback Score: (10)
lnguyen is on a distinguished road

Very beautiful concept, I love it, however there will be a lot of trimming job to do to keep the layout in shape I guess, plants are growing very quick too
lnguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2016, 08:53 PM   #33
jimmyjam
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (114)
jimmyjam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to jimmyjam

Nice dutchy . I like the tom Barr inspiration here . Super clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jimmyjam is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 09-26-2016, 08:55 PM   #34
slipfinger

Feedback Score: (12)
slipfinger is a jewel in the rough

Ya tank is beautiful!

Any updates/pictures?
slipfinger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 02:05 AM   #35
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (106)
default is a splendid one to behold default is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by infolific View Post
Beautiful! I keep checking in on this thread to see how things are going. I'm guessing based on the recent plant listings they're going really well :-)

I missed before your mention of a "favourite V-shape diffusers". Which one have you settled on? Not that a diffuser is going to solve all my problems, but every little bit helps...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeanniebabie View Post
The tank is truly beautiful and the addition of these Bolivians will keep it interesting. Once they start to settle down and pair up the boys will add additional colour and splash to this already gorgeous setting.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by lnguyen View Post
Very beautiful concept, I love it, however there will be a lot of trimming job to do to keep the layout in shape I guess, plants are growing very quick too
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmyjam View Post
Nice dutchy . I like the tom Barr inspiration here . Super clean

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by slipfinger View Post
Ya tank is beautiful!

Any updates/pictures?
I totally forgot about this thread as I was being constantly barraged by different projects.. I was kinda away from the forum for a few weeks..

Thank you all for the kind words!

I actually dismantled this tank about two weeks ago! not much changed, the plants grew and demanded bi-weekly trimming and bi-monthly re-toppings (pulling out old stems and replanting crowns), the tank maintained well and basically looked the same every other week! Up until the last week as I allowed the Salvinia Minima to go nuts and grow out of control as I was away, most of the stems stretched in search of lighting - really turned into a jungle.
Since dismantling this tank, I was tired of the hardscape it had, so I removed the stones and just basically filled it with various species of plants to grow while I plan a new set up, and the growth has been great - will upload pics soon! - although not much to look at.. but some plant eye candy I guess.

My new project is a 65g natural riverbank paludarium/riparium, more details when it's ready!

@infolific: Not sure if it's a little late, but the 'v-shaped' diffuser seems to be the same no matter which company you go for (aside from price); Tropica, Ista, and any generic brand.
Here is an example of one:
http://tropica.com/en/plant-care/co2/co2-diffuser/
For some reason, I get some of the best bubble sizes with these diffusers, however they aren't the most aesthetically pleasing (SS diffusers win there) - but it can be easily hidden behind hardscape or even with plans. There is however, one issue I have with this diffusers, some have odd problems with their threads and sometimes leak when used right out of the box, but nonetheless a very easy fix, some plumbers tape will fix the leak every time with no issues.
I wouldn't recommended spending the extra $$ on Tropica for this product, if you can't find a good source, let me know as I usually have a couple new ones laying around.
default is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 12:23 PM   #36
Devoted Member

So this should be the last update to this thread, as the scape is no longer in use, this update will simply show what the tank is now. A grow tank while I work on some other projects (posting soon).

The plants in the tank have been growing fantastically, although messy with little planting planning . However, the colours are looking great and growth rate is high as well.

Thanks everyone who followed the thread while the scape was up and for all the kind comments.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Updated Grow Tank.jpg (228.1 KB, 141 views)
Old 11-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #37
cb1021
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (23)
cb1021 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow looks great. What is the red plant at the front and also what is that glossos-looking plant.
cb1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 03:56 PM   #38
Devoted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cb1021 View Post
Wow looks great. What is the red plant at the front and also what is that glossos-looking plant.
Ludwigia "Super Mini Red" .. not a fan of the name, and the other plant is Lobelia Cardinalis "Dwarf".
Old 11-08-2016, 08:21 PM   #39
cb1021
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (23)
cb1021 is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay thanks. Some lovely plants in your tank.
cb1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 09:26 PM   #40
infolific
OK, just 1 more plant

Feedback Score: (21)
infolific will become famous soon enough

The Lobelia Cardinalis "Dwarf" are nice looking plants. They grow fast for foreground plants so they need to be trimmed or topped. I wish they grew at the rate of Pogostemon Helferi instead.
infolific is offline   Reply With Quote