GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Angelfins

23K views 63 replies 36 participants last post by  Apple 
#1 ·
#3 ·
I have ordered from them a few times and have been happy with orders. Prices are good, shipping is fast and they have some different products that other places don't have. I do agree that shipping can get a bit expensive if you add something larger or heavier to your order, otherwise the shipping cost is not bad.

#5 · (Edited)
After my first visit/experience with them I can definitely say I will purchase with them again. Coming from Brampton to Guelph was a bit of a hike but WELL WORTH the gas to drive there. The owners were extremely helpful & not pushy at all with trying to sell you stuff like most LFS. They have almost everything you could possibly need there for a freshwater aquarium, they also carry some saltwater supplies but I didn't really look for any reef stuff as I only have freshwater tanks. I originally intended to only purchase an API Freshwater Master Test Kit but after my visit my list has expanded greatly for future purchases, they prices on everything I looked at/needed we're SIGNIFICANTLY cheaper then BA's or my LFS downtown (Menagerie).

Anything they don't carry in the store they can order for you which I was really happy about. Here's a list of things in which i'd normally get at BA's or Menagerie but will now be purchasing at AngelFins.

- API Freshwater Master Test Kit- $24.34 ($27.50 w/tax) COMPARABLE AT 39.99 at BA's or Menagerie PLUS TAX.
- Coralife 30" T5HO Bulb- $14.15 ($15.99 w/tax) COMPARABLE AT $27.11 w/tax.
- Marineland Penguin Size C Cartridge 6 Pack - $13.25 ($14.97) COMPARABLE AT $19.99 PLUS TAX at BA or Menagerie.

I'm sure there are many other products in which the savings are just as great if not greater but I didn't have time to look at everything or else I would have left with it all lol. Being a college student I can only make small purchases at a time, but now with my knowledge of AngelFins I'll now be making a yearly bulk purchase instead of wasting time with BA's. Plus, for all the planted tank people out there, this is the first store that i've seen who carries Flourish Excel and other plant supplements in 2L and 4L jugs !!!! I was shocked when I saw them, I didn't even know they existed. Anyway, absolutely great experience with this place, I would highly recommend it and will definitely be supporting AngelFins in the future.

#6 ·
Great people to deal with. I've ordered and had things shipped and they come well packed.

I've picked up items from them when they were doing runs to the city. Wish they still did them.

Shipping is not bad on smaller items. If you talk to them I think $500 spent gets you free shipping. So group buys can always achieve that number.

#9 ·
I purchased from the AngelFins' website for the first time this week with delivery via Canada Post and was very happy with the entire transaction.

They have one of the best websites in Canada for Aquatic Goods. They're prices are way better than almost any Canadian online retailer by a country mile. And if you buy a few items like I did even with the shipping charges you'll still save a bundle.

I too wish they were still doing their monthly delivery runs through the GTA however I understand why they no longer are allowed to do so.

Looking forward to many more transactions.
--
Paul

#10 ·
question

why are they not allowed to do there runs anymore ............

#12 ·
I have used angelfins many times for mail-order and have also done some groups buys... these guys are fantastic and very prompt with great prices. I have met them personally as well.. great people. Even when there is a mistake on the order on their part, they promptly take care of it as well.(which has only happened once on 1 item) ... shipping and product pricing is amazing. They are also willing to help on items that may not be on their website....

#14 ·
Angelfins provides great service

I also recommend dealing with Angelfins. I purchased a Fluval Flora kit about a month ago from them. Unfortunately when it was filled with water, it leaked from a bad silicon joint. I contacted Hagen about it because Angelfins did not have any more in stock and Hagen refused to help in any way even though it was obviously a manufacturing defect. Angelfins provided a full refund and told me to keep the aquarium so I could get a new one and transfer the substrate and plants directly into it. They were wonderful to deal with.

I recommend staying away from Hagen products since in my experience, they do not honour the warranties on their products.

Angelfins :):):)

Hagen :mad::mad::mad:

#18 ·
angelfins

I think someone complained about there road trips ... so they stopped them .

#20 ·
We are sorry that we can no longer do deliveries. We understand nobody likes paying the additional cost for shipping. Due to our already low everyday prices we can not afford to provide free shipping for all orders.
But this month (January 2014) we would like to offer you free shipping on any orders over $350.

#28 ·
I agree 100%
My girlfriend goes to Guelph University so I try and make a trip over to angel fins as well :) hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.