GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Phosphate RX

834 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Whatever 
#1 ·
I bought some phosphate rx for my phosphate issue, ive been running gfo in two phos 150 for a year changing the media every month with very little effect, so i dosed the RX last night while the fish slept in their hidy holes.

I have a 125 gl tank and my reading was .80 before the RX, i put two 10 inch 10 micron filter bags on my drains, i put 60 drops in the skimmer compartment thats 6 drops per 10 gl.

This morning the bags werent plugged but there was floculent in them, i removed the bags and checked my phosphate using my Hanna Phosphate checker, the same as i always use and my level is .16

Thats great, i will leave in for two days and try it again, i am impressed.

#3 ·
I did do less, i should of done 75 but did 60, i put the socks bacj on after i read a post stating that they shoukd be on fir 2 or 3 days, My Po4 actually went up a bit to .26 from .16, i wilk check it again tonight and may hit it again with the RX tomorrow night, i would like ti get it diwb to atleast .50

#4 ·
I did another round of Phosphate rx last night, i tested this morning and my level was .07, pretty darn good id say, i will keep the socks on for a few days retesting every evening.

My sand is very white today, that brn film is gone and my Coral does look better. Over all i am surprised

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.