DRAS Aquariama, Sunday April 12, 2015 - Page 3 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > GTA CLUBS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Old 04-13-2015, 08:15 AM   #21
BillD
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (1)
BillD is a splendid one to behold BillD is a splendid one to behold

To all those who were there, I hope you were able to get past the chaos and enjoy the event. It was a long day, indeed, but there were some amazing quality fish there. There were more than a few buyers there with really deep pockets, so I think most sellers would be happy with the price for most of the items. I would like to thank the younger folk who ran all day. Some were not even DRAS members. Too often the area in front of the auctioneers looks like front of stage at an Allman Brothers concert. The future of the hobby is with the youth, not old farts like me.

Last edited by BillD; 04-13-2015 at 08:30 AM..
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #22
Spicoli
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (27)
Spicoli is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
To all those who were there, I hope you were able to get past the chaos and enjoy the event. It was a long day, indeed, but there were some amazing quality fish there. There were more than a few buyers there with really deep pockets, so I think most sellers would be happy with the price for most of the items. I would like to thank the younger folk who ran all day. Some were not even DRAS members. Too often the area in front of the auctioneers looks like front of stage at an Allman Brothers concert. The future of the hobby is with the youth, not old farts like me.
Cant say i qualify as "young" but there were a few young guys and gals that put in a lot of work.
Spicoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:38 AM   #23
bob123
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (3)
bob123 is just really nice

A great auction indeed, plan on returning next year.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 04-13-2015, 11:00 AM   #24
BillD
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (1)
BillD is a splendid one to behold BillD is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Cant say i qualify as "young" but there were a few young guys and gals that put in a lot of work.
There were, and they stuck with it for the duration. I would still call you young,lol.
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:51 PM   #25
darkangel66n
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (21)
darkangel66n is a jewel in the rough

I would like to thank everyone for the help, attendance and support for todays auction. Over 250 paid admissions, 1315 auction items and a lot of hard work. First and foremost a big thanks to the runners, desk help, door helpers, lunch helpers, vendor's and everyone else I have not mentioned. Thank you as well to the sponsers who donated goods to the auction in no particular order: Big Al's Whitby, Phil's Pets, Northfin Canada, Martin Mills, Reids Driftwood, Finatics, and Hagen. Thanks to the vendors: Northfin Canada, M.A.S.T, Shrimp Fever, Mr. PET, Martin Mills, Jerry Draper, Brad's Fisroom, Finatics, and Reid's Driftwood. Ahuge thank you to the auctioneers. Without their help these events would not be able to happen. If I forgot to mention anyone it is not on purpose. It was a 13 hour day and I am beat. Thank you all.

Frank.
darkangel66n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #26
darkangel66n
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (21)
darkangel66n is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
There were, and they stuck with it for the duration. I would still call you young,lol.
They needed community service hours. That need to graduate worked out great for the club.
darkangel66n is offline   Reply With Quote