DRAS Aquariama, Sunday April 12, 2015 - Page 3 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > GTA CLUBS
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-13-2015, 08:15 AM   #21
BillD
Devoted Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Whitby
Posts: 2,328
Feedback Score: (1)
BillD is a splendid one to behold BillD is a splendid one to behold
Default

To all those who were there, I hope you were able to get past the chaos and enjoy the event. It was a long day, indeed, but there were some amazing quality fish there. There were more than a few buyers there with really deep pockets, so I think most sellers would be happy with the price for most of the items. I would like to thank the younger folk who ran all day. Some were not even DRAS members. Too often the area in front of the auctioneers looks like front of stage at an Allman Brothers concert. The future of the hobby is with the youth, not old farts like me.

Last edited by BillD; 04-13-2015 at 08:30 AM..
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-13-2015, 09:54 AM   #22
Spicoli
Devoted Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 562
Feedback Score: (27)
Spicoli is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
To all those who were there, I hope you were able to get past the chaos and enjoy the event. It was a long day, indeed, but there were some amazing quality fish there. There were more than a few buyers there with really deep pockets, so I think most sellers would be happy with the price for most of the items. I would like to thank the younger folk who ran all day. Some were not even DRAS members. Too often the area in front of the auctioneers looks like front of stage at an Allman Brothers concert. The future of the hobby is with the youth, not old farts like me.
Cant say i qualify as "young" but there were a few young guys and gals that put in a lot of work.
Spicoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 10:38 AM   #23
bob123
Devoted Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: london on. canada
Posts: 1,008
Feedback Score: (3)
bob123 is just really nice
Default

A great auction indeed, plan on returning next year.
bob123 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Old 04-13-2015, 11:00 AM   #24
BillD
Devoted Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Whitby
Posts: 2,328
Feedback Score: (1)
BillD is a splendid one to behold BillD is a splendid one to behold
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spicoli View Post
Cant say i qualify as "young" but there were a few young guys and gals that put in a lot of work.
There were, and they stuck with it for the duration. I would still call you young,lol.
BillD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:51 PM   #25
darkangel66n
Devoted Member
 
darkangel66n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 1,172
Feedback Score: (21)
darkangel66n is a jewel in the rough
Default

I would like to thank everyone for the help, attendance and support for todays auction. Over 250 paid admissions, 1315 auction items and a lot of hard work. First and foremost a big thanks to the runners, desk help, door helpers, lunch helpers, vendor's and everyone else I have not mentioned. Thank you as well to the sponsers who donated goods to the auction in no particular order: Big Al's Whitby, Phil's Pets, Northfin Canada, Martin Mills, Reids Driftwood, Finatics, and Hagen. Thanks to the vendors: Northfin Canada, M.A.S.T, Shrimp Fever, Mr. PET, Martin Mills, Jerry Draper, Brad's Fisroom, Finatics, and Reid's Driftwood. Ahuge thank you to the auctioneers. Without their help these events would not be able to happen. If I forgot to mention anyone it is not on purpose. It was a 13 hour day and I am beat. Thank you all.

Frank.
darkangel66n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 03:52 PM   #26
darkangel66n
Devoted Member
 
darkangel66n's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 1,172
Feedback Score: (21)
darkangel66n is a jewel in the rough
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillD View Post
There were, and they stuck with it for the duration. I would still call you young,lol.
They needed community service hours. That need to graduate worked out great for the club.
darkangel66n is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:01 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2019 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.