GTA Aquarium Forums banner

new Betta Breeders Canada bylaws coming in!!

8K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  bettaforu 
#1 ·
FYI,
Betta Breeders Canada is in the process of changing it's bylaws. If passed, members would not have to be IBC(International Betta Congress) members to join, If you're a current member, please check it out on the site. If you're not, come and join us!!!

#3 ·
Could we have a change to the title of this post so that it says that the change affects the betta group and not GTA city bylaws please?

#5 ·
CAOAC Wild Betta speaker

This spring at the CAOAC convention in Brantford, our every own Fishgirl will be speaking on Wild Bettas.
For those of you who know Ann Marie ( from Calgary) you know the talk will be GREAT.
Hope to have a selection of Wild Bettas to see and maybe sell.
See you there.
May long weekend at the Best Western in Brantford.
Catherine
President BBC

#7 ·
Ryan there aren't a lot of breeders of Bettas out there, only because it is terribly time consuming to raise them and you don't always get the quality of the babies you thought you would. Difficult to duplicate the water parameters of the breeders in Thailand here.

They have access to warm soft water, live mosquito larva, fresh rainwater to help clean jars out, and they breed by the hundreds+ so can pick the best fish in any spawn.

I bred 4 times successfully, had over 50 offspring in mason jars that needed changing every day to help them grow for 4 months, the end result was neither finnage compatible with the parents, nor the same colors. IF you don't know the background of the fish you are breeding you cannot effectively predict what colors the offspring might be, and even then you can get surprises.

Out of the gorgeous Platinum white dragon butterfly HM male pictured below x Gold platinum HM female, I got the following:
White with red, Gold platinum, red with white, silver with red, black with red, some were dragon gened some weren't.

He was also the most lovely natured male I have ever had the pleasure of owning...gentle with the female, very enthusiastic dad, would pick up all the babies in his mouth, swish them around to clean them, then let them back out again. I kept him with them for a month, then raised them in jars and eventually sold them/traded them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.