120x55x50 Cm "The end of the rainbow " - Page 5 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > PLANTED TANKS > Planted Tank Photos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Planted Tank Photos Let's see what you got! Show off your tanks here. Tank journals are encouraged!

Old 11-07-2016, 01:17 PM   #41
jimmyjam
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (114)
jimmyjam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to jimmyjam

yup its rosa, and its def not Cameroon, you can see the Cameroon higher up on the post, I have both and the rosa is super small compared to it . Now that it has been growing in, it looks even better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfishy View Post
Are they Homalia sp. "Rosa"?

because it kinda look similar to Heteroscyphus zollingeri and Plagiochilaceae sp."Cameroon"

jimmyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2016, 09:18 PM   #42
planter
Aquascaping Apprentice

Feedback Score: (32)
planter has a spectacular aura about

Nice work so far Jimmy
planter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2016, 11:12 AM   #43
jimmyjam
Devoted Member

Thanks for the comments guys . So here is a update

I did a huge water change to clear out some of the powder green algae after the initial cycle . The tank looks pretty clean now
I added 20 celebs rainbows, 40ish galaxy rainbows , 7 cories, and 2 peacocks , I had 3 but the female got stuck in the net and i didn't see it when transferring , so it died . Booo, and lots of endless ( which I have tons of if anyone is looking )

I added the trail of mini gravel but I might take some out to add a sand blend . I find the mini gravel is still too big . But one thing was for sure , for this scape it was important to add the trail last in order to avoid crap all over it . I would do it again in the future .

In regard the finnex 24x7 light . I don't like the 24/7 option . I think it produces more algae , waste energy and eventually will burn the bulbs out quicker . I feel the transformer and it's hot even at night

Here are some pics
IMG_6274.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 11-13-2016, 12:31 PM   #44
greg
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (38)
greg has a brilliant future greg has a brilliant future greg has a brilliant future

Wow, beautiful! Love the elevation of the rocks.
greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:08 PM   #45
jimmyjam
Devoted Member

The tank is slowly growing in . Most of the plants are slow growing. This is something new for me as I am usually setting up super fast growers , pumping co2 to the max and light as well . This is much more difficult to handle lol. In regards to the led, It's good for this tank but I see much better growth and colour with my t5h0 setup . I'm not a huge fan of the finnex for high tech tanks . I wouldn't do it if it was for a Dutch setup . I guess there's a reason why most contest tanks still use t5ho . I would also hang my lights again instead of letting it sit on the tank, the higher Column fish get better lighting and visuals this way . I recently added some mts for the dust alage , More dwarf rainbows , 3 different corys and some dark chocolate shrimps . I also got really into Taiwan bee shrimps again . I turned my moss tank into a shrimp setup . Check out the extreme blue bolts !

Old 11-22-2016, 10:42 PM   #46
cb1021
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (23)
cb1021 is an unknown quantity at this point

looks fannnnntastic. Really cool slope, never seen one that aggressive. I've seen paths with sand but nothing like a sloped path.
cb1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2016, 10:52 PM   #47
jimmyjam
Devoted Member

Thanks man , I actually bought some Ada sand to cap the small rocks , I like that fine look much better . In regards to the path, I'm not 100 percent set on the shape . I need to create better depth perception by narrowing the path more as the path goes back .

Old 11-23-2016, 12:41 AM   #48
planter
Aquascaping Apprentice

Feedback Score: (32)
planter has a spectacular aura about

Looks epic Jimmy nice work
planter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 02:06 PM   #49
Poseidon
Up-and-comer

Feedback Score: (1)
Poseidon is on a distinguished road

Wow. That's really coming together!!!
Poseidon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2016, 11:37 PM   #50
jimmyjam
Devoted Member

Here's some pics from a few weeks ago . I have moved a few things around so far . I got some staghorn around that time which I nuked and have calmed down . Since then the hair algae kicked in a bit so I added 6x sae, 3x dr fish , 10x Otto , 4x silver fox . Along with that I also added trips of emperor budgeons. I hope the males start showing colour soon . During this time I have also made 5x 15 gallon custom shrimp tanks , 30 gallon shrimp tank and another 10 gallon tiger shrimp tank . It has been busy to say the least . Has anyone else used then 24x7 by finnex ? How do u like it ?