The Coral Reef Shop - Page 2 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > GREATER TORONTO AREA MARKETPLACE > General Marketplace Discussion > Store Profiles & Reviews
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Store Profiles & Reviews Your favourite stores reviewed by the GTAA community. Please keep all reviews constructive and inline with forum rules!

Old 01-05-2013, 01:07 AM   #11
altcharacter
Not a mod!

Feedback Score: (80)
altcharacter has much to be proud of altcharacter has much to be proud of

I went in there today and as usual the store is very clean and well kept. The coral and livestock are well taken care of. I've been to the shop and bought things and had always left happy.

Although today changed my thoughts about the store. When we went in there were atleast 10 customers standing around waiting for service and only one person to help them out. I was one of those customers and after waiting 20 minutes I just left.

The worst part was while I was waiting my baby was making loud noises (not crying, more of just being loud) and the guy behind the counter says "wow she's loud, do you have to put up with that all day?" Hay thanks for making me realize that my baby makes noises when she's happy...and yes I put up with it all day!

Won't be going back ever
altcharacter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2013, 10:25 AM   #12
damsel_den
Country Bumpkin

Feedback Score: (26)
damsel_den is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by altcharacter View Post
I went in there today and as usual the store is very clean and well kept. The coral and livestock are well taken care of. I've been to the shop and bought things and had always left happy.

Although today changed my thoughts about the store. When we went in there were atleast 10 customers standing around waiting for service and only one person to help them out. I was one of those customers and after waiting 20 minutes I just left.

The worst part was while I was waiting my baby was making loud noises (not crying, more of just being loud) and the guy behind the counter says "wow she's loud, do you have to put up with that all day?" Hay thanks for making me realize that my baby makes noises when she's happy...and yes I put up with it all day!

Won't be going back ever
I wasn't there, but maybe contact the store and see what happend..
You never know, maybe it was a newbie needing help, or a needy picky client (turn this coral over, show me that coral for every coral in the tank ect ) or a fish that they couldn't catch.
Most of the stores only have one or 2 people working.. Iv gone to stores with many people working and still had to wait for service.. Working in a retail store I've realized some days are better then others .. And some days you can keep up with all customers, other days you need to ask them to wait.
We all have our good and our bad days.

About the baby comment, I don't know how it was said but maybe he was trying to be funny and joking.. A lot of the people in the fish world are.. Well... Socially awkward..
I've had people make comments about my kids too.. And I've taken offence to it but after the fact I have realized they are trying to make a joke and lighten the mood it just comes across differently at the time because we as parents do take offence when it has to do with our children..

I'd contact the store and see what happend.. If you have been in there before and had good experiances .. Why let one bad one stop you from going?
If I was to stop going to every store I've had a bad experiance at I would have no stores to shop at (in general..clothing, grocerys ect).. I wouldn't even be able to go into the store I work for!
But like I said I wasn't there I don't know what actually happend.
damsel_den is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #13
altcharacter
Not a mod!

Thanks for the kind words Mel but for me there wasn't even any acknowledgement of me being there except my kid making loud noises. And when the guy behind the counter said what he said...he wasn't kidding.

I've worked in retail also (as a chef) so if I have 20 people waiting in line to get some breakfast I make sure to tell the next five people in line "i'm very sorry for the wait but I'll be with you as soon as I can." This is what we call customer service and it's about extinct from what I've seen. If the guy behind the counter had come to me and said "sorry about the wait" I would have understood. But to not even be looked at when I'm standing next to the cash for 20 minutes is fairly rude.

Old 01-05-2013, 09:41 PM   #14
rburns24
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (20)
rburns24 is just really nice

If I was standing by the cash for 20 minutes and no one had said a word, I'd be ticked too, and it would be long before the 20 minute mark, I can assure you. Social grace or whatever you want to call it, is a prerequisite for business.

I've only been there once on a road trip with Red and it was a good experience. I think under the circumstances you have mentioned, I would definitely have said something.
rburns24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 10:21 AM   #15
rock&rollcoral

Feedback Score: (4)
rock&rollcoral is on a distinguished road
Talking

Great store!!!! Always nice to me and my baby. Huge selection and always quick service.
rock&rollcoral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:28 PM   #16
nate
Up-and-comer

Feedback Score: (0)
nate is on a distinguished road

was there today and i have to say it is the best store i have been to. the help and attention you get when "its you turn" is the best i have had from any store. however, i feel that they are growing faster than expected. every time i am there the store is packed, and i could see how some people get upset waiting for their turn in line...

Last edited by nate; 01-11-2013 at 08:45 PM..
nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:43 PM   #17
altcharacter
Not a mod!

Totally Nate! It's unfortunate that a great shop like this is going thru a growth spurt and doesn't have the support staff to deal with it.

Shawn had PM'd me and apologized for the day I was in there and that alone has turned my original idea of not going in to definitely giving another chance.
Old 01-17-2013, 06:18 PM   #18
TankCla
Begineer, again

Feedback Score: (18)
TankCla is a jewel in the rough

Stop this guy
Old 01-17-2013, 06:31 PM   #19
Jackson
JAX

Feedback Score: (54)
Jackson is a splendid one to behold Jackson is a splendid one to behold