Trusted LFS - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > FRESHWATER > General Freshwater Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

General Freshwater Discussion For all topics relating to freshwater fish to the in's and out's of maintaining a freshwater tank.

Old 07-24-2020, 02:26 PM   #1
Ragunator
I'm New

Feedback Score: (0)
Ragunator is on a distinguished road
Question Trusted LFS

Hey everyone.

I'm losing some fish to old age and I'm looking to restock my tank with a large group of rummy nose tetras. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some trusted LFS stores in the GTA I could get these fish from. I will be quarantining before adding them to the display tank but I want to minimize chance of disease as much as possible.

The only store I've ever bought livestock from is Big Al's Scarborough. Never had issues with them in the past but it's been 4 years since I last bought fish and I don't know if things have changed since then.
Ragunator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2020, 03:07 PM   #2
martelvis

martelvis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragunator View Post
Hey everyone.

I'm losing some fish to old age and I'm looking to restock my tank with a large group of rummy nose tetras. I was wondering if anyone could recommend some trusted LFS stores in the GTA I could get these fish from. I will be quarantining before adding them to the display tank but I want to minimize chance of disease as much as possible.

The only store I've ever bought livestock from is Big Al's Scarborough. Never had issues with them in the past but it's been 4 years since I last bought fish and I don't know if things have changed since then.
Finactics is a great store, very high quality stock, good selection if fish, great staff to help you out. Cheers.
martelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2020, 04:09 PM   #3
Ragunator
I'm New

Ragunator is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the recommendation! They have a ton of good reviews.

I gave them a call as well and they have a have over a hundred rummy nose tetras available. They also said the current stock has been there for over a month so I think that's a good sign that they're healthy.

Will definitely be considering them, gonna be setting up my quarantine tank this weekend.
Ragunator is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 07-25-2020, 11:07 AM   #4
characinfan
Eats plants too

Feedback Score: (8)
characinfan is a splendid one to behold characinfan is a splendid one to behold

I've had a lot of success with both Angelfins and Tails and Scales.
Old 07-29-2020, 01:36 PM   #5
wtac
Hunh?

Feedback Score: (5)
wtac has a brilliant future wtac has a brilliant future wtac has a brilliant future wtac has a brilliant future

Mike at Finatics is a good egg and will personally vouch for him as I've known and worked with him since the early 90's.

Don't mention me by name as he'll charge you triple just to bust your chops ROLMFAO!

Tims triple triple is his kryptonite
wtac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2020, 04:35 PM   #6
Darkblade48
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (45)
Darkblade48 is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Darkblade48

Another vouch for Mike at Finatics!
Darkblade48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 11:01 AM   #7
Lee_D
Devoted Member

Lee_D is on a distinguished road

I would also highly recommend Finatics, however it's my understanding he specializes in Cichlids. Would he have Rummynose Tetras?

Lee D
Old 07-30-2020, 11:26 AM   #8
martelvis

martelvis is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee_D View Post
I would also highly recommend Finatics, however it's my understanding he specializes in Cichlids. Would he have Rummynose Tetras?

Lee D
Yes he does specialize in Chichlids,however, he also has Killifish, guppies, plants, etc.etc. Cheers. It sounds like you have NEVER gone to Finactics. Too bad. So sad.
martelvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 09:26 PM   #9
Lee_D
Devoted Member

Lee_D is on a distinguished road

Are you referring to me? Yes, I've been to his store, or I wouldn't know he specializes in cichlids. I did NOT say he doesn't sell anything else. Please don't jump to conclusions about other posters.

Lee D