What AIO are available in Canada ? - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > FRESHWATER > Beginner's Circle
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Beginner's Circle This forum is dedicated to helping people new to the hobby. If you need help, this is your starting point.

Old 05-18-2020, 08:40 AM   #1
M4rtin

Feedback Score: (0)
M4rtin is on a distinguished road
Default What AIO are available in Canada ?

I want to buy Fluval Flex 15gal to setup for my kid, for few fishes, will want a bigger tank soon for main floor.
But I wanted to see if there's any other AIO available in Canada for sale that would be better quality or better looks ?

Kinda hard to find AIO just by googling, not getting much results, or I don't know where to look.

My cousin in Europe just got this 260L kit, but I canot find anything similar in Canada.
https://www.aquael-aquarium.co.uk/pr...sets/glossy-3/
M4rtin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2020, 07:36 PM   #2
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (108)
default is a splendid one to behold default is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rtin View Post
I want to buy Fluval Flex 15gal to setup for my kid, for few fishes, will want a bigger tank soon for main floor.
But I wanted to see if there's any other AIO available in Canada for sale that would be better quality or better looks ?

Kinda hard to find AIO just by googling, not getting much results, or I don't know where to look.

My cousin in Europe just got this 260L kit, but I canot find anything similar in Canada.
https://www.aquael-aquarium.co.uk/pr...sets/glossy-3/
I personally really like the Innovative Marine tanks, was considering setting up a Nuvo 10 as a small desktop nano. They have various sizes too. They also come with DC pumps now, so you can control the flow, which I believe is programmable as well.
Another option, alittle pricier, the Red Seas are great, but they're likely one of the most expensive AIOs in the hobby right now.
default is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 08:40 PM   #3
M4rtin

M4rtin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by default View Post
I personally really like the Innovative Marine tanks, was considering setting up a Nuvo 10 as a small desktop nano. They have various sizes too. They also come with DC pumps now, so you can control the flow, which I believe is programmable as well.
Another option, alittle pricier, the Red Seas are great, but they're likely one of the most expensive AIOs in the hobby right now.
I actually had IM Nuvo 10, and Redsea Reefer 250, but couldn't manage saltwater tanks due to time/kids, moving to freshwater for my kid, and myself eventually.

Thank you very much, but they're not really AIO, almost, just missing that integrated light, and a lid, though it can be bought separate, i find integrated light is more kidsafe underneath that lid.
M4rtin is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-19-2020, 08:50 PM   #4
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (108)
default is a splendid one to behold default is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by M4rtin View Post
I actually had IM Nuvo 10, and Redsea Reefer 250, but couldn't manage saltwater tanks due to time/kids, moving to freshwater for my kid, and myself eventually.

Thank you very much, but they're not really AIO, almost, just missing that integrated light, and a lid, though it can be bought separate, i find integrated light is more kidsafe underneath that lid.
That does make more sense, a integrated light is much more child friendly. However, to be honest, most lids aren't exactly impact resistant, perhaps using a pendant on a light mount that can be screwed onto the stand might be safer? This way the mount can be very secure and the lights will be out of the reach.
I'm sure if you're going to go into freshwater, you'll like dip your toes into planted tanks, at least this way you can have the ability to grow plants without being limited to a integrated light.
default is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 11:50 AM   #5
Akinari

Akinari is on a distinguished road

I have both the 5g Fluval spec and the 15g Flex, both stock lights are lacking if you are planning to grow anything more than lowlight plants..

But I'm planning to "upgrade" my 15g's light with some DIY later on.

Here's what I will be trying to do in the next few months.
Akinari is offline   Reply With Quote