GTA Aquarium Forums banner

Discus babies

9K views 39 replies 15 participants last post by  SandeepD 
#1 ·
First time success with discus..got these as 8 - 9 month old in April 2011. Started laying eggs in Nov..successful at 3rd attempt in Dec

Attachments

See less See more
#30 ·
Thats an amazing shot...you got all the little ones in one shot. The tank looks great, I hope to have a 55 gallon planted one in the summer.

Saw some of your videos, the GBR fry look so amazing. GBR's are my favourite fish, unfortunately don't get good quality one (only if you are lucky) in the GTA...one day..till then the Discus will have to do

#33 · (Edited)
I have yet to see that haha. But I am sure I will, they are always in a small group and full colour. Its nice to see them schooling.

And I got these fry for free from Sandeep, although it was a pretty intense hour and 40 minute drive on every main highway in TO lol! o_O
Fry this size i would guess 7-12$? they are still eating micro foods so maybe a bit less.. Never really bought discus this small before.

Very nice guy though :).

(edited)

Oh and a couple more pics of the fry doing great. So excited to have them.

#34 ·
Updated photos..

Apologies for the bad quality, the fry see someone and dash for food, in the 46 gallon, I have 8 discus - 6 weeks old, 2 male guppies, 4 german rams

the rams seem to be dominating the area, bought them as small enough but they seem to have taken over the tank

so 3 out of 23 babies are kind of grey with the bands on the body. I have only 1 left with me. Some kind of mutation or original strain, as the others are like the parents

waiting to see how this 1 will turn out

Attachments

#40 ·
Hi I've been traveling for work for the last 4 week home Saturday this is the first batch, don't have any as I gave the last 8 or so to Peter. Unfortunately don't see Peter on the forum any more

Will post updates of the recent 2 batches, I myself am waiting to see as without proper water changes it's difficult

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.