GTA Aquarium Forums banner

SOKS Annual Killifish Show and Barbeque

9K views 21 replies 9 participants last post by  bluegularis 
#1 · (Edited)
#11 ·
Teasers

Offspring of this beauty will be in the box sale - great starter killifish and lots of fun for advanced aquarists as well - definitely one of the most active and gregarious killies. SwimmyD and Kmm have hand tamed theirs :rolleyes:
I noticed your posting a photo of different killifish in each reply!

O... K.... Is this guess the Killi?

Is this one Fundulopanchax gardneri Jos Plateau?

#15 ·
I have extra males of Simpsonichthys santanae Santana River. They are about 8 months old currently and live for 12-18 months. If anyone would like a couple for free and are attending the SOKS BBQ, let me know and I'll bring them along for you. We gave four to a friend who put them in a community tank and they are doing well there with similar sized fish. They are about 3 cm in length.

They will show their best colours in a tank with a dark substrate and a decent amount of hardscape and/or plants.

#17 ·
Updated Fish List

The list of killifish available has been updated in Post #2.

Just a reminder today is the deadline for confirming attendance at this event. Don't miss out on this once a year opportunity to purchase an extensive range of killifish at very reasonable prices!

The event is taking place in Hamilton close to the 403, approximately a 30 minute drive from the Square One area of Mississauga. Confirm attendance and get directions by e-mailing soksbbq2014@icloud.com

See you there,
Greg

Aphyosemion celiae celiae Mangata GM 97-3 (kids available at SOKS BBQ)

#18 · (Edited)
Update on SOKS BBQ

A couple notes about this Sunday's event.

Box Sale Info. - We expect to start the sale at 1:30 and the order will be by random draw.

Parking - Please remember to only use the driveway at the venue briefly for dropping off heavier or multiple items. Please park on one of the adjacent side streets. You can email me for street suggestions at soksbbq2014@icloud.com

Thanks!

Here's one more fish we will be selling at the meet - Callopanchax occidentals Mangata GM 97-3

#21 ·
SOKS members,

I have no time to keep my killies properly, so looking for some experienced killi breeder to adopt them. Would you consider to take the following fishes for free:
1) group of 20-30 Aphyosemion Ocellatum
2) group of 10-15 Diapteron Cyanostictum
3) group of 5-10 Diapteron Georgiae
4) group of 5-6 Rivulus Xiphidius

The only condition you have to take them all :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.