46g still in progress - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > PLANTED TANKS > Planted Tank Photos
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Planted Tank Photos Let's see what you got! Show off your tanks here. Tank journals are encouraged!

Old 10-03-2010, 09:33 PM   #1
lemuj
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (25)
lemuj will become famous soon enough
Default 46g finally filled with water

Here's my 46g bow front tank, all equiptment connected. Still undecided which flourite I'm gonna go with, any suggestions appreciated. Looking to make it low maintenance planted tank, so far I pretty much set with the dw, but the rock placements could use a little more tweaking. Critics are all welcome.

Last edited by lemuj; 12-30-2010 at 10:38 PM.. Reason: picture attached
lemuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2010, 09:55 PM   #2
brapbrapboom
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (45)
brapbrapboom is just really nice
Send a message via Yahoo to brapbrapboom

flurite black or black sand will do well imo.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
camboy012406
shrmpchoholic

Feedback Score: (16)
camboy012406 is on a distinguished road

nice driftwood where did you bought that?
camboy012406 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-04-2010, 08:58 PM   #4
planter
Aquascaping Apprentice

Feedback Score: (32)
planter has a spectacular aura about

Looks nice. I would also like to know where you found that wood. The rock is nice too. What kind is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
planter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2010, 07:11 PM   #5
lemuj
Devoted Member

The rocks are called boulder rocks at the landscape supply store where I got them from, picked up about 70 lbs for $7. I got more than I need so anyone who wants the rest are more than welcome to pick it up. The dw there are six branches manzanita that I got from the guy who ordered from the US. There is also one branchy one that I got from superpet. I just tied all those manzanitas to it. Just ordered my WagJag coupon, so hoping I get to pick up the rest of the things need. Black sand, or just flourite black ? Hmmm...and yet still undecided what fauna I want to go with...
Old 10-14-2010, 10:12 PM   #6
lemuj
Devoted Member

today i bought me 3 bags of Flourite Black. So hoping i get this started by the weekend and start the cycling process....
Old 10-15-2010, 12:16 AM   #7
jimmyjam
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (114)
jimmyjam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to jimmyjam

nice looking setup.. I would place the rocks again a few times with the substrate and brush the substrate to the desired effect. Then figure out what plants you want. How much light do you have? Are you going with co2? I would put at least dyi co2 if not pressurized. It will actually make your maintenance of algae even lower when you have healthy plants.

medium light: I would go with java fern. anubius, different hygros, ludwigia repens, some crypts..
jimmyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 12:11 AM   #8
lemuj
Devoted Member

i kept my previous equipments before i moved. I sold my tank and everything that was inside as it was too hard for me to move. But Light(Coralife Pc 90watts), pressurized c02 with diy inline c02 diffuser and my canister filters are all going to be use for this one.

here's how my previous tank evolved....

Initial setup

Then grown to this...

and was taken down and sold at this point...

moving from a condo to a house means more chores. so hoping to setup the next one to be as low maintenance as possible. so Maybe i would go for variety of crypts, anubias nana petite, narrow leaf java fern, Blyxa Japonica, dwarf sag, maybe some sort of Bacopa. As for fauna, leaning toward on going for Cichlids not sure which ones would not tear that plants apart. Or maybe will go with discus, but will have to make sure the plants can handle the warmer temperature the discus needs. So your suggestions are all welcome...
Old 10-16-2010, 12:26 AM   #9
jimmyjam
Devoted Member

Feedback Score: (114)
jimmyjam has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via MSN to jimmyjam

cichlids will def dig up the plants.. but ferns and crypts might be ok.. you might just have to mini put them down. If you want low maintenance.. discus is gonna kill that concept.. for sure. Good luck on the endevour ... either or .. get the co2 for the plants.. thats the only thing relatively mod maintenance I would have.
jimmyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2010, 10:59 PM   #10
lemuj
Devoted Member

Ok I want to put water on this tank and start cycling. My question is should I put the three bags of flourite as well or I can leave them out till I got my plants ready for planting.