Nemesis III -fusion 10 - GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.
GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area.

Go Back   GTA Aquaria Forum - Aquarium Fish & Plants serving the Greater Toronto Area. > MARINE AQUARIUMS > Marine Photography
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Advertise Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Advertise

Marine Photography Show us your stuff! Post pictures of your tanks here.

Old 10-29-2015, 03:08 AM   #1
Sunstar
Decepticon & Panic Monger

Feedback Score: (24)
Sunstar is a jewel in the rough
Default Nemesis III -fusion 10

AKA the Harbinger.

Nemesis II the pico sprang a leak. I had to retire that system and bring over the equipment.

Okay I set this up sunday night I had to get everything in it because I found the holding tank that had my corals in leaking

Neon goby has lots its mind with all the space.

Hallowe'en crab hanging out by the hammer

Scarlet legged chillaxing in the corner - or having a timeout.

Dendro Enjoying the evening.

I'll try to get a daytime shot with lights on later. its cleared up some.

Need live food? Find out how: Live food Pool

Nemesis III: Fusion 10
Nemesis Portal: Retired - 10.G. Reef.
Nemesis Nano: Retired - 2G. Reef

Quote:
"Yes, right. You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose automobile as his vehical mode when he could have flight." -Starscream
Sunstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2015, 02:13 PM   #2
Sunstar

Gorilla crab is home and is in my holding tank. He's a big guy.

Quote:
"Yes, right. You're one of...those, Never understood why any self respecting Decepticon would choose automobile as his vehical mode when he could have flight." -Starscream
Old 11-05-2015, 03:49 PM   #3
Sunstar

Okay, after a lot of search, I found my plastic card in the bathroom. Why there - I have no idea.

Anyway, I finally built what I think is a satisfactory ATO hanger. I initially had my water level too high in the back chambers. And that ATO version had to go. The second ATO version, was magnetic, but that interfered with the switch. So the third one was when I found my plastic card, and I was able to make a hanger - relatively sturdy, with a water feed hole to hold the hose.

It took me a couple shots to find the right level.

the hanger. the black part is not attached, that is what holds the ato - it is original to my pico's system.

Looking straight down. I fed the hose in until it just no longer tinkled on the switch.

I will be re-doing my light fixture's power sometime shortly.

Quote:

Old 11-09-2015, 02:00 AM   #4
Sunstar

November 8th. 12:16pm

Yeah I know, usually my posts are like at 12am, this can still happen. tonight after work is maintenance night. I work as a cook in a restaurant, and well, we get off late. I generally prefer it because I don't do early days very well.

This tank will have been running for two weeks tonight. So far I will go over what I have seen in changes and relate them to the previous system and hypothesise what went wrong.

First of all, my mag is extremely low. I am waiting for my IM media basket that also has the mag. I had hoped it would arrive on friday - which was my birthday. But it will probably arrive tomorrow, which sucks because I am going out. I hope I can pick it up in the evening from the post office.

My hardness is rather high. I don't have an RO water supply, so unfortunately I do use tap. Bringing in RO or premixed water is barely an option as I do not have a car. I have a bicycle. Yes it has a trailer, but as I live in an apartment; storing loads of water is not exactly easy. RO system is expensive - it is something I would like to get, but I think that will have to come later. I don't know if there is anything out there I can simply connect up to the tap and run and disconnect later.

Livestock changes:
I am losing one zoanthid as far as I can tell - it may have a single polyp still. It got seriously faded in the pico. I am not sure why exactly but now once again I suspect light. The dimensions of this new tank is the same width (approx) but a bit wider, and higher. I reckon that the lights were dimmed so much the corals were not actually getting enough light, and any higher they would burn. Stuff appeared to just survive. I don't know what the difference between the pico's reboot and the first run because in the first run, stuff seemed to grow intensely well. SPS was somewhat problematic. That is why I avoided them this[the retired pico] time around. I am considering sps again, but only once I get my mag up and my calcium stabilised.

After the shock of tank transplant, all my zoanthids opened up. Including some that had closed just prior to the leak and started to shrink. Some of my zoas had shrunk really tiny, but now htey have opened up and are 50% larger and growing. Others are already starting to look like they are growing new heads and a few - my nuclear green paly, appear to be recovering their spectacular green. incidentally they are no longer stretching for light, But short flat and happy. The signs were there before, but I did not understand them.

the only thing that seems to be stretching for some light is my rockflower and that is because while the move was in progress, she planted her ass on what would be the backside (darkside) of a rock. She'll move I hope. I just hope not on top of my zoas. Only other AWOL creature is my blood red Carpet. I know where she is, and I hope she moves out from there because, she cost enough, and I really would like to see her.

I had taken damage to my Blastomussa during the leak incident. I had no place to really hold the head and I think with it laying on the side, one of the heads started to die off and started to kill another one, I dipped it for a while and it appears to have recovered beautifully. There is still the lost head, but at the rate this guy grows, that won't be a problem in short order. I count at least 7 heads that are big and puffy. I started out with one. I know more had developed, but they might not have done as well as the survivors.

The fish seems happier even.

The condition of my new 10 was I dismantle my old 10. the old 10 was not doing well, and i could not enjoy it as much. I had my inverts in there because they were too large for the pico. All inverts are now in my Nemesis III except the gorilla crab that is enjoying life in the 7.

The third large main rock I need to attach better. I have to go buy some marine putty. And then, and only then, will I add corals to it. But right this moment my gorgeous Hallowe'en Hermit crab is having a walk across it.

It just looks so beautiful and I could not be happier in the moring when I get up, to see the lights on and it looking like a shining jewel.

I am researching chemipure right now and considering it as media for my incoming media basket. That should arrive Monday or tuesday.

Extreme forground: Gorgonian, middle, Rockflower, top left, Metalic GSP, Zoanthid: armour of gods (I think)

Dendros, Trumpet, and zoanthids. Thhe smalls ones are the recovering ones.

as I was writing this post, and I cross posted it on nano reef, my blood red carpet nem decided to drift to a new location. I shut the pumps down, and stuffed her in a spot. she remained there.

Quote:
Old 11-11-2015, 09:31 AM   #5
goobafish

Feedback Score: (27)
goobafish is just really nice

I used chemipure blue in the media baskets, along with filter floss and either polypad or carbon.

My advice would be to either secure RO water, or preferably buy a R/O system as soon as possible. Expensive is a relative term here, I am sure you have spent more on the tank's livestock than the cost of the R/O system. Having consistent water saves you the hassle of trying to troubleshoot around the problem (the quality of the water), which ends up costing you money and time. The longer you go without, the more problems will pop up.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:40 PM   #6
Sunstar

the question I have what is the smallest system I can have in an apartment? Is it something I can drag out and use when I need it, and if so where on earth do I find one?

Quote:
Old 11-11-2015, 03:39 PM   #7
goobafish

Feedback Score: (27)
goobafish is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunstar View Post
the question I have what is the smallest system I can have in an apartment? Is it something I can drag out and use when I need it, and if so where on earth do I find one?
I live in a 1 bedroom apartment and have no problem. Most marine stores should have them.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #8
Sunstar

Could you suggest a brand I can look into?

Quote:
Old 11-11-2015, 10:57 PM   #9
fesso clown
Dis-membered

Feedback Score: (41)
fesso clown is just really nice

Any 4 stage unit will do, you don't need more. Most units are pretty much the same thing except some have more features. An inline TDS meter is a must and a booster pump is nice to have.... I use the Vertex Puratek. It has it all feature wise.
You really do need an RODI unit, it ought to be the very first thing on the list. Without it and you are either buying water all the time or worse using tap water and setting yourself up to fail.
Look for a used unit, you can replace the membrain, DI and sediment filters if needed.
Watch the classifieds. You should be able to get yourself set up for $100-150... It will pay for itself pretty quick.
I used to live in a small apartment , I would just hook my unit up to the kitchen sink once a week to make water . There is a 5 dollar adapter for the sink.
Old 11-11-2015, 11:52 PM   #10
Sunstar

I was watching some vids on it. I will set aside some money to buy me a rodi. I have told my husband it could be beneficial to use for wine making or beer making In the mean time I may get 10 gallons from the health store down the road next week. I now fully understand the reason for using it, and my husband also understands why this is useful. I just purchased a koralia nano 240, but I will see what is left after this paycheck and my primary bills paid.

Outside of using craigslist, where else coudl I find one? Home Depot?

Quote: