GTA Aquarium Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Anemone with just ambient morning light. Taken with LG G4.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Emerald Crab + Montipora Cap

New additions -

Monitipora Cap which I just attached to a live rock (attached only at the apex of the triangle).

Emerald crab which is already testing the integrity of my attachment. The attachment held.

Here's the video which I captured -

·
Trouble
2,406 Posts
Are you sure that's an emerald crab? Sure looks like a nasty hairy crab. Or maybe it's just his winter coat........

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #24

·
Owner of Canada Corals
1,139 Posts
Are you sure that's an emerald crab? Sure looks like a nasty hairy crab. Or maybe it's just his winter coat........
100% sure its an emerald crab. Emeralds have hairy legs.

The more algae they eat, the more green they become. :D

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Hi Dan, very satisfied with the 2 crabs I got. They are actually green but for some reasons, my camera is not picking the correct shade. The crabs are very active and busy in my tank but haven't found my bubble algae yet.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Bicolor blenny missing

FTS - 11/23/2015

My bicolor blenny went missing for several days. Looked everywhere - no sign of anything, no body.

Is it possible that the RBTA got it? Or, did the CUC clean up the body without a trace? Last time I saw it, it's belly is full.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Diamond goby in quarantine

3 days into quarantine, my newly bought diamond goby discovered the bowl of sand and is enjoying it.

Video here -

Tank update - bicolor blenny is gone without a trace.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Emerald crabs feasting on a sheet of nori. I bought the 2 at the same time one month ago - one is already 3x larger. I might have to sell the big one - not enough algae for them in my tank. All my bubble algae are gone.

Here is a video of them picking on the nori -

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Fast forward 8 months - still skimmerless, sumpless - everything has overgrown. Anybody wants to buy or trade for a candy cane?

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Doing great! Everything has overgrown.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
It's almost 2 years since my last update.

Tank is still running fine - still no sump, no skimmer.

The montipora has overtaken my tank and is covering my zoas, which has receded from lack of light. I sold the big piece cheap recently to another member here.

The sinularia has grown and I already pruned it.

My torch died (maybe stung by another coral). My frogspawn has also overgrown. My toadstool is also happy now.

My dendro has receded also and I'm nursing it right now to see if it comes back.

I have some problem with hair algae. I'll be dealing with it after I come home from vacation (that's why I have time to update this thread). I have been watching the ULM (ultra low maintenance) series and other videos on YouTube while on vacation. I got some ideas and will be rebooting my tank when I come home. It will be ULM but also low cost, spending more on corals instead.

My newest addition is a yellow watchman goby.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts