GTA Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im back. Its been 5 years since my 6G Planted Tank and 11 years since my 34G Saltwater Tank

Finally moved into the new house and all situated. I sold my 6G tank to a friend who loved it. Now that things are returning to normal and my Renovations are done its time to get back into the hobby. This will be the first time I get to dictate everything I want in a tank (vs. being stuck with certain things due to tank size or space/money restrictions)

Tank is a 48 Gallon Rimless Seapora Crystal Tank - 90CM x 45CM x 45CM

The stand, i will be building myself and replicating the ADA style tanks. I'll be building it with 3/4" Plywood and painting it white. I love the look of a stand with the exact proportions of the tank so you have a sleek minimalist look like this:

It is going to be a slow build but I will post here as i progress, including uploading the blueprints to the stand.

Right now I know it will be a planted community tank with a few key features;
1) Enough rummynose tetra's to create a shoal
2) Endler guppies to create a constant supply of babies
3) Cherry Shrimp everywhere

Once the above are all situated and I am happy with stocking levels I will introduce some sort of small predator (Electric Ram maybe?) to keep baby population in check

·
Eats plants too
1,331 Posts
Welcome back!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Purchased Aspen Plywood from homedepot. I now realize its not the greatest option as it isn't going to give me a very smooth finish. Just means i need to use more pore filler and alot more sanding.

Tank is 90CM x 45CM and my goal is to make it flush with the tank.. The left compartment will be for the canister filter. The right compartment will hold a pull out drawer (near the top) for fish food and then a few cubbies for whatever I choose. I drilled two holes on the left hand side (will be against a wall) and two holes in the back (for electrical outlet and one for random cords, maybe lights?)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Looks great so far! Hope to see it filled asap
It won't be a quick build. I enjoy the setup and planning. I imagine it's going to take me a while to find the centerpiece driftwood I want (large stump in back left corner that sticks out of the water and a root system that reaches other side of the tank)

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Finally have the stand fully puttied and all traces of plywood is gone. Applied primer/sealer and sanded it down... Very smooth
Wood Rectangle Wood stain Hardwood Flooring

·
Registered
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the idea/look I am trying to accomplish.... I'm not sold on the current trunk I have with the multitude of spiky roots coming out of it... But also lots of areas for shrimp and fish to swim around
Wood Trunk Plant Bone Art

1 - 7 of 7 Posts