GTA Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Heavy Metal Aquarist
1,079 Posts
Aside from the patches of moss, that tank is epic. I love the depth. I love teh canals and the plant choices. Honestly, I wanted to do something like this in my 20g long until my axie took vacancy of it haha. I suggest that you complete that wall once the moss grows in :p ONLY TIME WILL TELL

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks man, those patches of moss are just peacock, fissidans, and flame moss I have growing on stainless steel mesh for sale, also getting those ready for my blue bolt tank. Its not a actual wall. I will ad black background to blur it out when I get a chance.

I just did a huge trim on the background plants, and ya man the patches suck lol

·
Heavy Metal Aquarist
1,079 Posts
Thanks man, those patches of moss are just peacock, fissidans, and flame moss I have growing on stainless steel mesh for sale, also getting those ready for my blue bolt tank. Its not a actual wall. I will ad black background to blur it out when I get a chance.

I just did a huge trim on the background plants, and ya man the patches suck lol
Dont get a black background. It looks good with the white wall paint. Looks very amano style :p great job mate

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks 10G, that carpet was so thick that I had to get rid of all of it! This is the reason why everyone should trim their UG/HC every so often so it doesnt rise up. I actually prefer a thin HC grow, Its much harder to do, but it looks cleaner.

By the way, you have a bad ass Youtube channel, what kind of cam are you running? and what program are you editing with? I have been playing with my Go pro , but not great at it yet. Editing takes me forever to do.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So I got some persicara sp sao paulo seedlings ... awesome looking plant, and super expensive. I have over 30 seedlings. Im going to plant a few in my emersed setup and have planted a bunch in this tank. Check out how red the plantlets look.

The male apisto is getting super fat. I was wondering why because all I have been feeding him was the serra pellets and flakes. Then I saw him with a full juvi fire red in his mouth. I was wondering where all my fire reds have gone lol. Oh well. I just went to check out my dads setup, and realized he tore down all the plants in hte 75 gallon. at the bottom there is about 1000 green. chocolate, cherry and fire reds ( all up for grabs 2 bucks a pop msg me). So I can always stock the tank with those shrimps (as algae eater).

I also picked up some rotala rotundafolia sp red, and another pink RR, maybe colorado? Its from the middle tank at AI for all those who have been there.

Water Plant Vertebrate Nature Botany

Plant Plant community Vertebrate Leaf Botany

Plant Plant community Leaf Organism Terrestrial plant

Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Groundcover Flowering plant

Plant Flower Terrestrial plant Petal Magenta

Plant Underwater Organism Terrestrial plant Aquatic plant

Plant Leaf Houseplant Water Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks man, if you really want red, starve the tank of Nitrates, and you will get super red! lol That Rotala colorata is already turning a big brown because Im trying to propagate my HC ,and you know how much HC loves nitrates.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Quick update , the apistos layed eggs!!! I also found out that the extra female apisto turned out to be a ugly fat male. No wondering it was getting attacked big time .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks Kevin. This guy has some awesome tanks as well.

I just did a trim .
Gonna be selling a new package for all you guys asking . Check out the buy and sell section soon.

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Just did a bunch of revamp and buying of plants , thanks kyle for the recent purchase

l. Sph

rotala macaranda mini butterfly

so India

rotala Mexicana aragouaia

Srepens

ammania gracilis

Ludwigia sp tornado

Steurogyn sp purple

Umbrosum sp Monte Carlo

Mermaid

Rotala sp mini butterfly type 2

Cyprus helferi

Fissidens so geppi

R.macaranda sp caterpillar

Bacopa japan

Need a id in the left

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Here is a update of the new plants . I'm getting a bit of issues with new growth with the macaranda mini butterfly , and rotala ap mini type two . Both have shrivelled new growth. I'm thinking it's a iron issue, hard water issue, or lack of calcium since I have been doing 1/3 ro water. I have been putting extra iron without too much change, Next will be going back to full tap water , if that doesn't work then full ro with gh booster . The plant does well in my akadama spoil , so I was thinking it was a iron issue. Ummm

Monte Carlo doing very well

Steurogen especially purple is def a slow grower but doing well

Best hc growth without algae I have had in a while, probably due to ro water and me controlling frets better .

Alt mini doing better and taking off

Crazy growth of Mexicana aragouaia , it looks like aromatica

Fts

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.