GTA Aquarium Forums banner
41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Banned
2,153 Posts

If I said 10/10 I'd be insulting you.

Hands down (and I've seen thousands over the years) the BEST LOOKING aquascape I have ever seen. I have never seen anything in contests, online, in person, even from Amano, that I liked that much.

If I ever have the money I will pay you gladly $100 an hour to do that setup for me.

Absolutely exceptional. Better even.

How you even put that design together in your head and executed it I can't understand. My brain doesn't work that way. I just can't believe how perfect it is.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
havent checked this post ina while, thanks for the great comments guys. I havent taken good pics of the tank recently, but I do have afew from my bb.. I will post those in the next little while.

·
re-Planted
1,312 Posts
very nice scape for the plant selection. I enjoy this very much,.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
the revamp

about to get ready for a new scape.. I was gonna go tangs.. but backed out last min bc of my for the art. lol dork i know.. So now I decided to put the 75 into the wall at my clinic (which is expanding to take on some naturalpaths, chiropodists(anyone need orthotics?), physiotherapists and nutritionist.. and me chiro. Cant wait to show it off. Its gonna have a brick vinear finish to it. Im pretty stoked. Ill start up a new blog in a week.

Currently Im growing what I had left (2 bunches) of hc.. flame moss, taiwan moss, peacock moss, and some unknown moss I got from AI (thanks sam.. everyone go visit his store.. he has ADA in now)

Substrate: ADA amazonia 2 with azoo ferts at the bottom layer (bought from Sam at Aquarium Inspiration.

lighting (6x54w t5 10k) bulbs will be stock china brands, but will convert if i see issues with grow

Aquascaping ideas: I have a massive tree stump that I found in the woods of markham... secret spot. I had even a better piece, but I left it on the side where I found it, but some punk ass kid threw it into the river. soo mad
Well the whole scape will be based on this dude, as long as I get it to sink and disinfect it. If not, then Ill silicone or drill it to a slate.

Any suggestion for the wood, how long do you think I have to drown this thing for until it drops?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Good to see you in action again Jimmy.

What type of wood you trying to sink? Be careful with it, there are some horror stories of people using hand collected softwood in North America and it killing everything in their tank.

I would suggest siliconing a rock to the bottom to sink it. With no pic its hard to say how long it will take to sink but its proportional to the square of the diameter so may take a long time. I did some small manzanita branches a few months back and they were about 2 weeks, and they had diameter of less than 1".

Would love to see a pic of the stump.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
aquainspiration. Sam there will hook it up, its 42.99 a bag. not too bad. Im gonna give the wood enother week before I touch it.. After that if still not sunk, Ill take it out and take a photo of it. drill it with a slate and submerse again.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Here is some inspirational pics I have taken for the scape.

Here are some pics of the HC cuba I am growing under a 14watt daylight bulb. I have two of these setups going. One under 25 watt under 9 hours of light and the one in the pic is under 14 watt daylight and 24 hour photoperiod. I dont have a comparison pic, but this one has much better growth. I thought the plants needed a dark period, I guess not.
The substrate is 1 yr old NIsso Aquasoil, sprayed with my own dose of micro and macros.This is 1 weeks of growth. I started with a really bad portion that I had to clean and bleach.
Im pretty impressed with the growth.

I have 6 bags worth for sale still .. 100 for the bunch

·
Registered
432 Posts
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._986997537142_28106640_58413241_7383234_n.jpg

here is the lights im using.. their 6x 54watt 10k ho T5. Im not a huge fan of the lights.. their a ebay purchase, but Im gonna give it a shot and see how they work. If no good, Ill grab a few ADA style solar ones from sam at aquainspiration.
SIX!!!! wow dude. Thats a TONNE of light for a 75. I cant imagine going more than 4x 54 on a 75 planted; reef yes, but wow that just seems like a s%&t tonne of light. 4 x 54 is a lot for a 90g let alone 6 on a 75. Why so much light? Im sure you have your reasons...

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
im big on lights =) if you look at all he ADA winner and Aga winners, they all have 6x t5, and since I know the fixture is not the greatest, it will compensate for the crapier ballast and reflector.

I will run it 9 hours to start.. if its too much then ill put 2 on mid day blasts for only 4 hours.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
what kind of t5's? 4 bulbs is ok for hc on a 90.. not great as hc is a high light plant. The co2 is fine, so its gotta be the light or lack of nitrate. It also loves nitrate.

how are the rest of the plants doing in the tank? If other high light plants are not doing great then u know its the lighting. If ok, then up the nitrate.

·
Registered
432 Posts
what kind of t5's? 4 bulbs is ok for hc on a 90.. not great as hc is a high light plant. The co2 is fine, so its gotta be the light or lack of nitrate. It also loves nitrate.

how are the rest of the plants doing in the tank? If other high light plants are not doing great then u know its the lighting. If ok, then up the nitrate.
Cool thanks for the tips :)

Rest of the plants are doing very well; hygro, rotala, and crypts are the only other plants. And in the other tank there is l. aromatica, blyxa japonica and java fern with it. All growing great. Nitrates are up around 10 ppm.

41 - 60 of 95 Posts