GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI folks, I'm looking for some items. So if you have some good sources to find these things for a decent price or have something of this nature to sell then please let me know.....

1. AC110's I'm looking for used AC 110's that actually work. I can get these brand new with Tax included for $70.00 so a used one should truthfully be quite a bit less then this. Please send me your offers and details.

2. Looking for metal stands, 6 foot would be best (72 X 18) and hopefully with enough room underneath maybe for another tank like a 75 would be perfect. Surface rust is okay and if you have a picture i will PM my hobby Address so you can send to me.....shoot me your good deals.....
Footprint required for now would be preferably (72 X 18) (48X18) or (60X18)

3. Racking for Tanks. IF you have some or some sources of where to get, please let me know (personal experience would be awesome) .
## would prefer if the racking would support 18 inch deep tanks so that the edges will sit directly on the bars but i know that's harder to come by.

Thanks for all your help everyone. These things will help me in the migration and rebuild of my fishroom....which might take forever but such is life.

Cheers!!!
Sheldon

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just a bump as I've received absolutely no response. Can't believe no one has any of these.

Still looking folks,,, and Also looking for an airpump less then $100.00 used or new that can provide about 15 to 20 airlines......

thanks
sheldon

·
Registered
560 Posts
if you can get new ac110s for $70 new that's the way to go
used ones go for at least $50-$60 and u don't know how old they are
if you find them cheaper chances are there old n noisy
plus thers nothing like opening up a brand spanking new filter, its like Christmas morning for you and your fish :)

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You are correct but i have picked up 2 or 3 for $40.00 and less that have worked perfectly.( i try and check them out as best i can before purchase) ... but if i don't' get responses i'm putting the hobby sales money towards new equipment....

I totally appreciate the comment and enjoy opening up new myself.. almost all my equip is used and so far been really really lucky.

I might have to get new stuff as there does not appear to be much used around.

·
Registered
99 Posts
For metal racking, try a local machine shop that does welding. Get a quote with materials included and with materials supplied. That way you get what you want and what you need to fit your space.

As for ac110's @ 50 bones used they're a steal. Mine are new, but you can rebuild them from scratch with parts. Great filters if you don't wanna run a can.

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
filter

i have a ac 110 in great condition .let me know if u are interested .
cheers .located in scarb dvp/lawrence

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
For metal racking, try a local machine shop that does welding. Get a quote with materials included and with materials supplied. That way you get what you want and what you need to fit your space.

As for ac110's @ 50 bones used they're a steal. Mine are new, but you can rebuild them from scratch with parts. Great filters if you don't wanna run a can.
Thanks JJBlackbelt, Appreciate the tip. I have to get something that i can put together because i have steep steps and not a lot of clearance to get down the basement. That's why commercial racking made sense to me as it comes apart and can be assembled where required. I'll check out that idea though for sure.

I do love AC's..... If i can't find 110's i might go with 2 x AC70's because in terms of watts they use and flow it makes more sense. AC70's use 6 watts and the 110 uses 14 watts and 2 x AC70's has more flow......will have to ponder this for sure.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TomG, will be sending you a PM..... cheers!!!!

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
shelving

home depot and costco have some pretty heavy duty shelving /racking and great prices ,i think like 150 for a 6 ft shelf thats solid . have also seen it at home depot as well .

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Just a bump as I've received absolutely no response. Can't believe no one has any of these.

Still looking folks,,, and Also looking for an airpump less then $100.00 used or new that can provide about 15 to 20 airlines......

thanks
sheldon
Hey Sheldon,
Check with Mike (pingpong) he was selling a really good one for just a little over what you're looking to pay.
http://www.gtaaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32778
--
Paul

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HI Jeffm02, Thanks for the points. I actually never even thought about e-bay to be honest.. will check that. I also run 2 x #5 sponges in all my tanks, plus the aquaclears... Nothing like sponges that's for sure. and i'm running to huge air pumps right now, pondmaster ap40 and a jehmco jph45.. but i need more air for when i start moving things around.....
thanks

A big airpump I would try eBay. To run a fish room I'd run all sponge filters no AC's.

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Tom,,, careful with the homedepot racking. Mike at finatics used this stuff because it was rated 2000 pounds per shelf.... he actually had to take it out, started to bend and twist and was to be honest junk. Mike even reinforced it as well.. i was considering it until i actually saw it in practice.

As for the costco stuff i have not looked into it but will check.

cheers!!!!

home depot and costco have some pretty heavy duty shelving /racking and great prices ,i think like 150 for a 6 ft shelf thats solid . have also seen it at home depot as well .

·
Registered
829 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
3,944 Posts
racking

Good to know thanks!!!
Still no pm are u still interested in filter let me know
Bought it to use and never used it as a refugium
Almost new condition