Gtaaquaria.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello,everyone
i am new to the hobby,and i am wondering where i could find some good discus in Toronto area?
nice to know you all
thank you
mike

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the information
that's the place where i bought my first 2 discus from and i am looking for other places so that i could have more choices
you guys have any recommendation?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've seen plenty of discus at the Menagerie.

Finatics used to have them too, but I don't know if they still carry any.

·
Premium Member
7,627 Posts
If you're up near p-mall, there's a bunch of Chinese shops in the Midland/Steeles area. Forget most of the names, but there's one next to the Wendy's (two stores maybe?) and then there's Aquapets over at silverstar blvd too.

·
Registered
76 Posts
The one on Steeles and Midland besides Tim Horton's and Wendy is Dragon King Aquarium. There are 2 stores very close to each other. I will check both of them and compare the quality but not the price!!!!. If you get the Albino. There is a completely different ways to breed them.
Jimmy

·
Registered
28 Posts
Bob Garside of Upper Canada discus has some great ones.
I hear Dragon King aquarium on Steels by pacfic mall has discus but I have never been there.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Big Al's in Hamilton has some nice red spotted discus at a fair price. There are a number of good discus at Alternative Aquariums in Burlington. I highly recommend Bob Garside in Barrie. He has a bargan tank that is dirt cheap but only a real pro could tell the difference between them and the expensive ones.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thank you all for sharing the information,i deeply appreciate all of them
i would say that i am going to try my luck at Upper Canada Discus, since Bob has been mentioned so many times here already, he should be the one
i tried to email him twice but haven't got any reply yet cos i wanted to find out his detailed address so i could drive over
anyone here knows about his exact location?

thank you

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Burlington??
doesn't sound such a bad idea to pay a visit before i could reach Bob,anybody has any suggestion about buying Discus in Burlington ?
cos i have never been to Burlington before, how long it takes to drive up there from Toronto?

thank you

·
Registered
653 Posts
Burlington or Hamilton is less than an hour away unless you come during rush hours. For a fairly good selection check out Aquatic Kingdom on Dundas Street in Mississauga they have more to choose from in breeding or near breeding size discus.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i just got back from the Aquatic Kingdom on Dundas Street in Mississauga, they have a huge store but discus doesn't seem to be the main fish there,cos they only got 2 tanks
i have to say that right now Bob seems to be the only choice cos he is only one who is specialized in discus and disucs is the only fish i want now
thanks for all the help

1 - 20 of 21 Posts