GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

This is my first post on here!

I'm setting up a planted aquarium for the first time. I picked mostly low-light plants because there is very little daylight hitting the tank.

I got the tank on Kijiji and it came with a Hagen Aqua-Glo fluorescent light.

I'm wondering if this light will provide enough red and blue light for my plants to be healthy. I'd rather use the light I have, but if you guys think it wont do, I'll get a different one, maybe Power-Glo? I don't want to roast anyone.

For reference these are the plants I have:
- Riccia Fluitans
- Red root floaters
(both are floating on the surface which also shades the plants, but the clump of plants floats around the tank so no one part of the tank remains shaded continuously. side note - I noticed today that the red root floaters have some baby leaves growing!)
- Subwassertang
(tried to attach it to a rock but its currently shedding chucks everywhere lol)
- Java moss
- Bucephalandra green wavy
- Bucephalandra Mini Feng
- Hemianthus microanthemoids
(positioned right under the light, looks happy enough so far)
- Marsilea Cranatum (some leaves turning a little browny grey, maybe just getting used to it's new home?)
- mini dwarf hair grass (also looking a little worse for wear but maybe just recovering too?)

I also got 4 or 5 mystery babies - including (i think) Phoenix moss, Cameroon moss, star grass (maybe), penny wort, Lindernia, Hydrocotyle Tripartita, and a large assortment of tiny snails! I could include pictures of these plants if you guys want to help identify them?

I'll also include a pic of the aquarium cause why not! And a pic of Friend Snail #278.

Thanks for your help! Really appreciate it!

Hope you all have a happy Monday.

Thanks!
Andrea

Attachments

·
Hunh?
2,532 Posts
I personally prefer to use at least 2 lamps where I can use one of each of the aforementioned bulbs for a blend and balance of wavelengths.

JM2C

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your reply! I was also considering replacing the aqua-glo with a nicrew LED light, but based on what you said, maybe I should get the nicrew and use that and the aqua-glo.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts