GTA Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aquarium not quite leveled
I am new to this hobby. I just setup a new 45 gal freshwater aquarium 3 weeks ago. It sits on a wood stand on a carpet. It is slightly unleveled. It is about 1/4 inch at the right end corner on the back side and about 1/8 on the front corner. I think it is ok. If I add about 1/2 gallon of water, you cannot notice the unevenness. But because I am new to this, I like to get advice from more experienced aquarists.

Attachments

·
Registered
39 Posts
Aquarium not quite leveled
I am new to this hobby. I just setup a new 45 gal freshwater aquarium 3 weeks ago. It sits on a wood stand on a carpet. It is slightly unleveled. It is about 1/4 inch at the right end corner on the back side and about 1/8 on the front corner. I think it is ok. If I add about 1/2 gallon of water, you cannot notice the unevenness. But because I am new to this, I like to get advice from more experienced aquarists.
Glad you made it to this hobby!

I'd drained as much water as I can get and get some shims to level the stand for some piece of mind but that's just me, IME I've had similar situations with temporary tanks that were not 100% level and were fine but these were taken down after a few months as they were just used as quarantine tanks.

Here's a video to help you out if you decide to go down that path:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts