You can get 1-2" denison barbs for $4-6 a piece. Only the larger fish are expensive.Thanks for the recommendations guys! Here are my thoughts
- Denison Barbs. I LOVE THEM. But considering that they are very expensive I haven't bought any yet. I cannot give 100 bucks for a small group of them. I am sure If I search I may find cheaper stores but as I do not drive it is pretty difficult for me.
- Pearl gouramis (any kind of gourami) is a hit and miss for me. I like them but if they will be peaceful or not is not always sure. I may do it though
- Leporinus. I like them but not a lot. Also, they are considered semi-aggressive. no?
Also, no. Not all big fish will eat the smaller ones. The correct way to put it is " All fish that can fit in another fish's mouth might be eaten if the big fish has a reason to do so". For example I cannot see how would a denison barb eat a neon tetra. Anyway.
That I could work with but unfortunately the stores that are near me are expensive (petsmart $20 each)You can get 1-2" denison barbs for $4-6 a piece. Only the larger fish are expensive.
I wouldn't buy any fish from Petsmart. Get them from Finatics, Kim's Nature, Menagerie, etc.That I could work with but unfortunately the stores that are near me are expensive (petsmart $20 each)
Three-spot gouramis like that are not particularly mellow fish. If you were looking for peaceful fish for your aquarium, they're not it. You'd have been much better off with a pair of pearl gouramis IMO.SO, some updates
1) About petsmart, of course it is about the specific store but they also have policies. I do not care how good their fish are, I was talking about the $20/denison barb thing.
2) I house rosy barbs, neon tetras, glow light tetras, red minor tetras, rummynose, lamp eye and snails. oh and two apistogrammas.
3) I bought 4 gouramis. 2 gold and 2 blue. Until now they are hiding. Normal for first day in a lit aquarium with many other fish. Let's see how it goes.
4) Other fish I LOVE are the rainbow fish. The pretty ones are expensive though