GTA Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought some strawberry red peacocks from a local pet store and i noticed that they seem to have these small faint blackish-greyish markings on them. The ones above their eyes are just tiny dots that kind of darken that area of their face. Also there are some very fine short (probably 1-2 mm long) vertical blackish-grayish lines on their ventral side of the body and fins. I was just wondering if this is some sort of bacterial or fungal or parasitic infection or am I just over reacting?

·
Registered
763 Posts
it is not uncommon for them to have some black spots....you have nothing to worry about. This is a random pic pulled from the web...it too has some black spots on it but nothing said about it being any type of infection.

Attachments

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey here's a picture of one of the fish. The camera i used isn't so great but this is the best it could do. You can kind of see the darkening of the caudal fin and also if you look close you can see that the pectoral fins are also dark. This guy is a very young strawberry red peacock. Thanks so much for your help.

http://s1110.photobucket.com/albums/h451/veejus87/my strawberry/

·
Registered
763 Posts
wow you weren't kidding when you said it was young....you have nothing to fear, it is just going to develope a few black markings.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.