GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Battling an outbreak of flukes in my main 120 gallon tank, already lost Naso Tang, and a Clown, desperate need for Prazipro if anyone can let me know where to source some. Have been giving freshwater dips but only helping so much.

Please help.

·
Hunh?
2,547 Posts
If you can, set-up a QT system. doesn't have to be a typical aquarium and can use the 114L HDX totes. Put on a table/stand and hook up a canister filter or DIY an internal filter with a powerhead and perforated water bottle filled with LR rubble. Have the water aerated with and airpump/airstone of have the water ripple the water surface.

You can go the hyposalinity route or treat with whatever meds that you can beg/borrow/steal and get the temp to 81*F.

I wish I still had my chem supplies as I gave away a about kilo of chloroquine phosphate. If you have a drug plan and a good rapport with your Dr, explain you rsituation and he'll write you a prescription for an anit-fluke med (anthelmintic). Depending on the active ingredient, I can get you a dose amount.

GL/HTH

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you everyone for your posts. I was able to secure some dosage of API General Cure, and had the fishes in the QT tank.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts