GTA Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i recently made my own planted tank and added snails a couple weeks ago, my water level has been decreasing significantly so i think like 3-4 inches over maybe a month if not less not sure if thats just evaporation but i have no holes and water isnt leaking anywhere so im confused, i had 4 types of plants, 2 plants im not sure the name of and 1 grass and 1 moss, some of the grass is turning yellow and dying but the moss is thriving, the other 2 plants have rotted and been eaten by the snails, not sure if they rotted cus they were eaten or they were rotten then eaten. When i first poured the water into my tank i added the correct amount of liquids from certain bottles for water solution like flourish excel, flourish iron, water conditioner to make my tap water safe and multi purpose bio support to "jumpstart my aquarium filter, my last added supplement was flourish, comprehensive supplement for planted aquariums. I only have a filter, no light, no heating, snails have been thriving so not sure if its too cold. I also spotted at one point very tiny white worms which i searched up and is suppose to be normal for an aquarium. Anyways, my plants are dying please help. mu substrate is aquasolum planted fertilizer and then some gravel on top, i made sure to burry the base of the plants deep enough to reach the fertilizer aswell so im kinda lost. Questions are, why might my plants be rotting and dying and is my water decrease normal, its a 15 gallon tank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Am I reading correctly that you have no light?! You need one.

If you do have a light and that was a typo then it could be many things like your dosing regimen, plants that really need high light and co2 to thrive, immersed growth melting back etc and more info on your dosing schedule, water-change schedule, lighting schedule and plant choices would help.

What I can say is the snails likely were eating the dying plant matter, not causing it. And the evaporation doesn’t sound unusual for an uncovered tank that hasn’t been topped up for a month.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts