Gtaaquaria.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well ive decided to listen to my fish and start intentionall breeding. I have set up a new 47 tall and just need a couple of items to get it up and running. If anyone has a breeding cones or sponge filters please let me know. Im hoping to bring back the blue turq in all its former glory. I dont have anything paticular against the red, white or yellow discus but it seems we have all but forgotten my beloved blues. This video however is of a different pair which i will be swapping out for some high quality turqs after i can prove them as breeders. All fish are above 5" and this is a 90 gallon tank. The water appears cloudy only because i used "clarity" which has increased the viscosity of the water. What you are seeing is undisolved oxygen. Cheers!

·
Registered
262 Posts
i havent been able to find any royal turqoise blue anywhere for so long. if anyone knows anyt for sale pls let me know

·
Registered
3,075 Posts
My friend Hung Pham in Niagara Falls has a few of these blues...I just saw them today. He imports them direct from overseas.

[email protected]

Tell him Anna sent you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
srry guys and gals

Sorry I haven't updated in awhile. Live has been busy and I just got back from Vacation. I have obtained a new 45 gallon with stand and I need a few more accessories to get it up and running. I am fixing my canister and should have it up and running soon. I have watched with frustration multiple spawns now being eaten in the community tank. I am considering selling off 3 of my adults and just going with just the 2 tanks and my two pairs which would raise enough cash to obtain the remaining parts. I'm just wondering how long can you safety keep a pair together before they start to beat each other up???

·
Registered
115 Posts
There is no telling the chemistry of the pair other than close monitoring. Like humans, discus have personalities of their own. Have you seen wrigglers from the pair yet? It would definitely be worth it to setup a breeding tank or keep them in their original tank next breeding season. This is where the fun is at for most keepers. Good luck. :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts