GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 20 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Jimmyjam's "The phallus" modified iwagumi

Just putting the nice pics at the top, what ever happened to this contest.

As stated, a iwagumi is renders its concept around 1 main phallic piece of rock, with 2 adjacent rocks bowing to the phallic symbol. I have managed to find the perfect piece for this scape. I am going to modify the scape to bring in a few mor elements that will add to the over effect of the natural scape. Hope you all enjoy this ride. I think it will be one I will be putting a lot of effort into. Thanks again to all the mods and sponsors for us local guys to showcase some of our stuff. GL everyone.

This is the main rock I am working with, the rest will come.
Here are some stats

Tank: 15 gallon open top, rimless tank

Lighting: 3x 23 watt daylight CP spirals

Substrate: fluval stratum : this is my first time using this, Im not a huge fan of the large granules. ADA is def better size for planting. Lets see how it fairs on growth.

Substrate ferts: I usually use azoo slow releasing, but I decided to go with Aquainspiration's substrate fert.

Rocks: Ontario base rocks from many fishing trips that I take. I also purchased the 3 main ones from Big als. They are very similar to ADA ones.

·
Decepticon & Panic Monger
3,839 Posts
I like the name already :3 can't wait to see more. The strip tease of the tanks.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hottonia palustris, it will be my showcase plant when it grows in a bit. also going to add a few more plants, and not sure about the hc on the island. I might change that to rotala species and have it thick.. then again I dont want to take away from the Iwagumi. what do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dude you're off to a flying start - looking good.
Thanks man.. Hope it turns out like I picture it in my head. Theres a few more branches to add with some cool moss, but I will wait a while until some of the plants are grown in.

I find this soil to be a bit easy to mess up. Itss I guess lighter than ADA, so a bit harder to keep some of the plants down, but manageable non the less.

Clips: yess, thanks man, Dollarama baby! But I think I might end up hanging the light or some how elevating the clip.. I want some of my moss and branches that I will be adding to stick out of the tank.

·
shrmpchoholic
1,605 Posts
wow hard plant to grow there. keep the nitrates up.
But nonetheless, looks like you've thrown in a lot of effort.
I don't even have my plant list yet.
I think he needs pressurize co2 or he has already one. Coz before My high lights plants doesnt grow in diy co2 in 10gallon. Even I made 2. Specially the hc.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Its actually not that hard to grow, but lots of ppl have trouble with it bc their temp is too high, I think it originates in the Uk, and normal temp doesnt get over 22c ... its actually better grown in crappy conditions with no heaters low light ... But im gonna give it a try, keeping the temp at about 23, which will be good for my oebt.

wow hard plant to grow there. keep the nitrates up.
But nonetheless, looks like you've thrown in a lot of effort.
I don't even have my plant list yet.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yup, im doesing excel until I get my co2 tank. I have a regulator with a 3 way brass splitter ready to go. Im waiting for the dude at the hilton to hook me up with a 20lb tank for 100 bucks. This tank will feed my planted crs, this tank and my 75 plant holding tank.

Quick question: Do you guys find you have trouble with pearling when using just excel? I dont find I get the same pearling at all when I have used it under high lights in the past. It makes me wonder if Excel works at all.

I think he needs pressurize co2 or he has already one. Coz before My high lights plants doesnt grow in diy co2 in 10gallon. Even I made 2. Specially the hc.

·
Registered
1,766 Posts

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Zeb/bigfishy

Dudes.. why dont i just give u the exact designs and have a grow out no trim competition.. that would be awesome! Imagine the jungle of plants. Anyhoot Im digging the fluval ebi for how it does not stain my water compared to ADA.. The water today is amazingly clear. Check out the difference bc fluval and ADA1. I would check the ph as well but I think my Ph tester is a bit out dated (6 yrs old, does this stuff expire?) Anyhoot, +1 for fluval

Darn! 3 of the same type! Back to the drawing board for me! :p

·
Registered
170 Posts
Zeb/bigfishy

Dudes.. why dont i just give u the exact designs and have a grow out no trim competition.. that would be awesome! Imagine the jungle of plants. Anyhoot Im digging the fluval ebi for how it does not stain my water compared to ADA.. The water today is amazingly clear. Check out the difference bc fluval and ADA1. I would check the ph as well but I think my Ph tester is a bit out dated (6 yrs old, does this stuff expire?) Anyhoot, +1 for fluval

That tank on the milk crates looks riské!

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
what can I say, I live on the wild side =P

Actually, its pretty sturdy, I have used milk crates for 10 yrs with no problems. Just make sure to zip tie them together.

That tank on the milk crates looks riské!

1 - 20 of 111 Posts