GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here keep TT eel? how's your experience? I am thinking of setting up a 90 gal tank with eel and angelfish...maybe a couple of other community fish like roseline sharks

·
Banned
175 Posts
Tire Track

The Eels are all VERY hard to keep, they easily get diseased infections etc. etc. Fire Eels are beautiful but also harder to keep. If anything the tire tracks are a little stronger.

Good Luck !

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I've kept Fire eels, similar species, different markings. They're very nice, semi-hardy and usually will eat anything that fits into their mouth. This means that as they reach their 3ft cap, most species in peoples tanks get eaten. Your sharks for instance, if not full grown by then may be seen as a snack.

A 90gallon should be more than enough room for one, however make sure the lid is a tight fit and has no holes from which to escape as these eels can easily shoot out the top of your tank and be found dead on your floor.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Did you guys keep the eel in a gravel tank? I read sand is better but I like using gravel and undergravel filter

·
Banned
175 Posts
Eels

I used a bare bottom tank as it is MUCH easier to maintain. Be careful with rocks if the eels cut them selves it will cause infections and most likely death. They will feed right from your hand almost immediately ex. worms.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts