GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just read a post that suggested LED lighting falls short to Cf & T5 HO lighting when growing a HC crpet
I have not done LED lighting & as such have no personal experience on it`s success or lack of with LED light sources. I find it somewhat hard to think it falls short to the older CL & T5 ho ( note no mention of cost or other)just performance based, my reasoning is if LED light sources are so successful in growing marine Corals which I assume are more light demanding than HC carpet.
To that effect I saw this video of the Finnex Ray 11 over a HC bed & would like to hear others input on this theory of LED VS T5 HO & CFL in regards to growing HC.
Regards

·
Wanted: UG & Monte Carlo
507 Posts
I like the smaller HC Cuba growth, it looks more compact in my opinion. I had great results with LED and CFL together, but CFL alone is fine too.

I'm trying out a new LED fixture, Cree LEDs and Orsam LEDs.

=======

·
Wanted: UG & Monte Carlo
507 Posts
HAhahah , that is exactly what I said in my review a day ago. It turned my living room into a disco ball, all I needed was Euro trance playing and I can charge a cover fee.

The simmer is a bit too much for my taste, it's like a japanese cartoon where the characters power up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts