GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

Looking for a Ghl LX-7206 for sale. Let me know if you have one.

Thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Big show has them on the site.

·
Hunh?
2,538 Posts
IMHO/E, GHL hasn't really made a significant impact and presence in the Canadian market and finding them in the used market will be difficult. Personally I love their products and prefer GHL over APEX for a controller and dosing as well as Mitras over every other LED lighting system.

My old client still has the Mitras LX 620X and from chatting with her, still running strong and growing corals like weeds from '15 and my colleague hasn't had an issue with them compared to the Radions and Kessils.

In a nutshell, you may have to bite the bullet and buy new if you want ASAP/soon or be prepared to be constantly on the search for one and pull the trigger when available from the used market.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love my ghl stuff. I think part of the problem right now is there's only one place to buy. I had some older Mitra lights and they are still going strong.

I have found quite a few things with "looking for"ads. I think people have stuff kicking around and just never get to listing it.

·
Hunh?
2,538 Posts
If you have a US forwarding address/service, I find it easier to deal with Vinny of GHL USA.

I use CrossBorderPickup ;)

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Big show frags has been good to me so far.

The powerbar had a light problem. They replaced the control board with no issues.

·
Hunh?
2,538 Posts
I use to deal with AquaDigital before they dropped the line and they were fabulous. Personally any discount is nice from a reseller/service company but the support is paramount for me even if I have to buy full retail as everyone has to make $ to continue operations.

I can't say that I got that warm and fuzzies trying to deal with BSF and if Im going to drop that kind of $ for my clients, Vinnie earned my business. Even without discount and ending up paying a few hundred more for HST and duty, Vinnie is prompt in returning my messages and phone calls.

Mind you, the margins for electronics are tiny compared to livestock and I'm sure BSF moves more livestock...understandably, I'm just not his target demographic.

So glad to be out of this industry LMFAO!!!

·
Registered
95 Posts
I use to deal with AquaDigital before they dropped the line and they were fabulous. Personally any discount is nice from a reseller/service company but the support is paramount for me even if I have to buy full retail as everyone has to make $ to continue operations.

I can't say that I got that warm and fuzzies trying to deal with BSF and if Im going to drop that kind of $ for my clients, Vinnie earned my business. Even without discount and ending up paying a few hundred more for HST and duty, Vinnie is prompt in returning my messages and phone calls.

Mind you, the margins for electronics are tiny compared to livestock and I'm sure BSF moves more livestock...understandably, I'm just not his target demographic.

So glad to be out of this industry LMFAO!!!
Bahahah what a load. If Vinny didn't work for ghl, they would have a much better chance of taking over the market.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts