GTA Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
868 Posts
We move a lot of fishtanks, see our aquarium moving videos on carls aquarium YouTube, I charge $75/hr for me and $25-$45/ hr for helpers and we provide all tubs bags boxes and equipment for the move

· Registered
868 Posts
Carl do you guys do any heavy lifting? I'm looking for somebody to move 72" tank + stand. No livestock. I'm trying to purchase tank.
Yes we move large tanks, we have videos where we move 600 gallon tanks and we are moving a 3500 gallon tank in the next bit, we just bring enough people and equipment to do it safely, we charge a minimum of three hrs for the job

· Registered
335 Posts
Highly recommend Carl. While you may get volunteers to help unless they are fish people they won't believe you when you tell them how heavy the tank is and even if they can handle it they won't be happy afterwords. Well worth what he charges.

· Trouble
2,413 Posts
I have used Mittman Movers, and they have moved tanks. However they are movers first, not fish people and their rates are slightly higher than what Carl charges.
Always a good idea to understand the insurance coverage and WSIB so you know what to expect if you are paying someone to move a tank (which is different than having friends move a tank). If the tank is damaged in transit, who is responsible. If one of the movers gets hurt, who is responsible.

· Registered
296 Posts
Movers - Braymore

Good Evening Fellow Reefers:

Have used the services of Braymore Piano Movers in Toronto.
It was very challenging as had to move a 242 gallon BIG cube in to my basement fish room.

The angle on the L - shaped stairway to get down about 12 - 14 steps was a huge challenge.
Finally, it took 5 guys and cost me some serious $$$ but they did a great job, no scratches/incidents and the Tank sits majestically in the centre of my fish room.

Would recommend Braymore. Thank you.

Neil

· Premium Member
2,581 Posts
I use Braymore as they are insured not only for damages to what they are moving but for the property. WSIB has a hand in the pot but yeah...not cheap but moving a 8'long 600lb metal stand up a spiral mahogany staircase and wainscoting. Cheaper option than popping out a window and craning it in.

I don't have to worry about being liable for property damage nor the workers being out of $$$ and rehab if they hurt themselves and off work for awhile.

A few years ago I recommended them to another forum member and the experience wasn't a great once when they walked into their doors.

· Registered
868 Posts
I use Braymore as they are insured not only for damages to what they are moving but for the property. WSIB has a hand in the pot but yeah...not cheap but moving a 8'long 600lb metal stand up a spiral mahogany staircase and wainscoting. Cheaper option than popping out a window and craning it in.

I don't have to worry about being liable for property damage nor the workers being out of $$$ and rehab if they hurt themselves and off work for awhile.

A few years ago I recommended them to another forum member and the experience wasn't a great once when they walked into their doors.
Carls Aquariums is also insured and compliant with wsib plus we have been moving tanks for over 26 years with every customer being happy with the move

1 - 20 of 26 Posts