GTA Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tore my tank down and offered it for cheap and nobody wants it. Its been a couple of months now and i have another system, a lot more manageable at 60 gallons but its just sitting mt.

Ive lost interest; i had a few disappointments lately. Lost all my Coral slowly over a year, battling phosphate issues; no Algae but no growth in my Coral

It seems like everything just withered away; easy stuff too like Zoas, Mushrooms and all my Euphellia, duncans. So much disappointment.

I really don't miss it, not yet anyway, i stopped listing my stuff, some quality pieces too, Mp10 with Battery back up and Rodi with booster pump, i guess I'm not ready to just give it up entirely.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
An update, the 60 cube has been repaired. New back panel. It is now sitting in the basement full of fresh water doing a leak test. It's been a week i guess its ok to go.

I was thinking that the tank looks so good, why nit just set it up like that and never put anything in it and it will look great. No water changes required, no fish and coral to die, no cyano or bubble algae or apstatia. No fish foid to purchase. Its perfect.

Its called Aquariun Art, whats with these sideways pictures. Just when i thought that everything was perfect. Lol

Attachments

·
Registered
141 Posts
An update, the 60 cube has been repaired. New back panel. It is now sitting in the basement full of fresh water doing a leak test. It's been a week i guess its ok to go.

I was thinking that the tank looks so good, why nit just set it up like that and never put anything in it and it will look great. No water changes required, no fish and coral to die, no cyano or bubble algae or apstatia. No fish foid to purchase. Its perfect.

Its called Aquariun Art, whats with these sideways pictures. Just when i thought that everything was perfect. Lol
Yes, Aquarium Art can look very nice.. Maybe some nice rocks and driftwood. Wow. Cheers.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes. Thanks for getting it, some drift wood and some nice rocks, hearing the water ripple and some music very faintly. Nature sounds. Might be on to something here.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Yes. Thanks for getting it, some drift wood and some nice rocks, hearing the water ripple and some music very faintly. Nature sounds. Might be on to something here.
This set up will also allow you make decorating changes until you find a set up that says WOW. Cheers.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes thats what I'm thinking, I'm going to glue my rock together or most of it.
I've been building structors of rock trying to find something really special, I've got a little over 100 pds of really nice rock. I did come up with something i liked but it only utilized 39 pounds. I'm taking my time with this.

At first i was gonna have a 35 gl behind the tank as a fuge/rock tank, running a line off the drain and having it gravity fed back to the sump to use the rest of the rock but thats not happening now. I just don't have the space.

So i will come up with something eventually, until then i have lots of other projects to do like Gravity fed ATO. I like this aspect of reefing. The planning and implementing ideas.

I really want this to be a special setup and it will be, no rushing. Thanks for your interest and kind words

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update
The bottom cracked on the tank and its history, taken apart and useing the left iver glass for projects. On to the next build. Maybe

·
Registered
49 Posts
You've probably seen this online before but on glass bottom tanks (as in no trim), it's mandatory to put a piece of foam between the tank and the stand. I used the 1/2in pink foam panels from Homedepot on my build.

You may already have it, in which case this info is for others.

Update
The bottom cracked on the tank and its history, taken apart and useing the left iver glass for projects. On to the next build. Maybe

·
Rockhound
785 Posts
I've been on and off with this hobby since I was a kid.
At least a few times I took a 1-5 year break. I'm like that with hobbies.

This time I'm selling nearly everything. If I get back in it will also be with a minimalist setup.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Setting up my 125 after xmas. Getting a primo spot in the living room, it should make a difference looking at it in full view. Changed out the sump for a more accessible tank and getting a steel stand made. Hopefully the upgrades give me a clearer insight.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The tank has been set up for 8 months and it looks pretty good, I am so glad that I didn’t sell it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here are a few full tank shots, the ones taken from the back of the tank are just that, it’s set up so you can view it from the front and the back, it’s a lot easier to do maintenance that way.
Blue Purple Light Natural environment Plant

Blue Purple Ceiling fan Window Lighting

Blue Window Purple Light Azure

Water Blue Purple Fish supply Pet supply

Flower Purple Light Blue Green

Plant Blue Water Purple Pet supply

Blue Purple Plant Window Azure

Water Plant Vertebrate Blue Purple

Purple Fluid Natural material Organism Pet supply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank you, much thought went into the setup and I’m very happy with it, I’m glad I didn’t sell it all, he’ll I almost gave it away then put it in storage.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 17 of 17 Posts