GTA Aquarium Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
gallantly streaming
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Your bowerbanki look sick , but im confusing how come your rockwork 5" above the water line ? Show us your sump too :D
When I had freshwater tanks I usually did a style called "palaudarium" coz I liked the look of a water surface/air environment. The rockwork comes out of the water because I wanted to try that look out in a reef tank.

in reefs it's difficult to get that same feel, so I modeled that style on a reef atoll. So that means a tiny section of exposed coral that sticks out of the water, with a expansive, colourful and vibrant reefscene underneath. I might even super glue a lego man at the top of the exposed rock ;)

i'll get pics of the sump soon....I need to post more coral pics!

i'm very low tech...my sump is basic: powerful skimmer, refugium, chaeto, carbon/GFO reactor, that's it...no dosers, controllers and wi-fi and all that hollywood stuff

Beautiful!

Maybe you need some killah Yumas on the bottom ... insanely intense colored Yumas dude!!! :eek: Not Indo's ....
i've got two... one is a fire orange colour and beautiful! cherry picked from AK from a Philippines shipment. I've had it over 7 years! (and it has never grown a baby)

more photos

Foxface next to my sinularia

photosynthetic gorg from AK....this thing is soooo frilly, the polyps are huge

Green Tree coral....this colony is probably 9 years old about now. It has literally doubled in size in just about 4 months in this tank

Foxface next to my duncans

battle-ready green torch from Canada Corals ..insane green on this one

·
Dis-membered
2,408 Posts
Looks great! I'd love to see a FTS that shows the top of the Mountain.

·
Registered
2,166 Posts
You need a HD web cam pointed at this and a link so I can watch this tank for a few hours a day.

·
gallantly streaming
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Very nice shot of the green torch ...
thanks

Looks great! I'd love to see a FTS that shows the top of the Mountain.
i'm working on a video that'll show it well re: GoPro....just gotta wait a bit :)

You need a HD web cam pointed at this and a link so I can watch this tank for a few hours a day.
haha :) thanks man

Been dying to get a photo gorg.

+1 on the FTS.
if you can't find any, i've got two diff species. I can chop you a branch of either, no probs...just gotta mount it yourself.

MOAR PICS

sinularia with the strangest branching i've seen...looks like Sideshow Bob. Had to use a flash to get this as it's under a ledge

this is my nursery area, so to speak. I'm growing out some nice branching softies - i've got frags of two different varieties of capnella imbricata, a peachy/red klyxum (cauliflower colt) and that oddball Japanese softie I can't quite ID properly.

my oldest clown, Beyoncé....had her about 7 years....she was and still is an angry, bossy fish lol

better shot of that bowerbanki!

·
Registered
753 Posts
That's it Zach ... I'm gonna start building a new stand and once done, I'm bringing up the empty tank and rebuild it from scratch ... can't stand the purdy coral pics :eek: in my face!!!

·
Registered
598 Posts
Keep 'em coming. I may just take you up on the gorge offer after the new year if I can't find one. Your softies are really beautiful as well.

·
gallantly streaming
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
moar pics!

white polyp toadstool from Coral Reef Shop

ORA Loco Lobophytum (yellow polyps slooowly starting to come in on this one!)

bounce shroom ....doubled in size since I got it two months ago...maybe babies are on the way!? ....woot! :D

meat coral from Flavio (ARA).....it bleached to heck when I originally added it, has since started to colour back up to the yellow/orange w/ purple stripes it was in the store

love that bowerbanki!

Vietnam acan lord frag from Canada Corals...already sprouted two babies

gorg close-up...not the best clarity in this pic, but it'll do

Tahitian maxima clam mantle close-up

polyp structure of the green tree coral....again, not the best clarity, but it'll do :)

·
gallantly streaming
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
yeah, from what I read, the orange bounce are called "Jersey Bounce"...in honour of overly-tanned fist-pumpin Jersey Guidos? I dunno.

orange-skinned Jersey oompa loompas for reference:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Do you know what that gorgonian species is in the 7th pic? Beautiful corals btw.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Great photos! I love the details that the gorgs show in macro photos. You've got a great collection of corals. Bump shroom - love it :)

sarah

·
FW algae for sale!
1,087 Posts
beautiful toadstool! what level is it in your tank and the level of flow? mine never has its polyps fully extended like that (or maybe it's my hermits running everywhere all the time lol)

and that bounce mushroom...damn. been trying to find one without success...possible frag in the future? :D

also, has anyone ever thought what would happen if you pop one of the bubbles on those bounce shrooms...so tempting like those bubble wrap wrapping LOL

·
gallantly streaming
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Do you know what that gorgonian species is in the 7th pic? Beautiful corals btw.

that's a slit-pore sea rod (plexaurella sp. )...Caribbean species. very hardy

Great photos! I love the details that the gorgs show in macro photos. You've got a great collection of corals. Bump shroom - love it :)

sarah
thanks...that macro was taken in front of the glass...i've got an underwater port coming soon so i can put the camera lens in the tank. The macros should get waaay better :D

beautiful toadstool! what level is it in your tank and the level of flow? mine never has its polyps fully extended like that (or maybe it's my hermits running everywhere all the time lol)

and that bounce mushroom...damn. been trying to find one without success...possible frag in the future? :D

also, has anyone ever thought what would happen if you pop one of the bubbles on those bounce shrooms...so tempting like those bubble wrap wrapping LOL
thanks!

not gonna dare pop one of the bubbles ;) but I do get the temptation just like you

I've got so many toadstools in so many different places it's hard to give you a good answer lol. That big white polyp one is up pretty high and does get some decent flow. It's a mature colony so I give it the full bore of my flow and light.

I have some much rarer/unique toadstools (frags) in much more shaded and less turbulent flow, though.

I've also got a weeping willow toad but the damn thing has never opened since I got it..and it's been about a month. It's also most definitely not dead, so i'm sort of stuck on that one.

·
gallantly streaming
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
nice shroom! :)

21 - 40 of 44 Posts