GTA Aquarium Forums banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
gallantly streaming
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
shit, it's been 2.5 years since I posted an update to this thread...yikes! Well, my tank is doing GREAT...no leaks, no issues *knocks on wood*, can't complain!

....so great, in fact, the corals are growing like mad and I have no room left to add more softies and gorgs! On a bit of bad news, my gorgonians and softies have all but exterminated all LPS and SPS that I had.

This tank is essentially ALL softies and gorgonians now. I do still have my ARC Bounce (it's tripled in size, but no babies yet) and a few other corallimorphs, oh and only one Vietnamese m. lordhowensis remains - go figure.

if anyone can ID this coral, i'd be very grateful - comes from Kenya (Indian Ocean shipment, Aquatic Kingdom)

ID this gorg? (wild-collected, Caribbean. Can't find anything that matches this - extremely small and fine polyps, delicate structure)

·
gallantly streaming
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Leroy, my marine betta, is still around. I just fed him a big piece of marlin yesterday and he gobbled it up! I'm trying to pin down when I purchased him, and I think it was back in late 2005. He was already an adult and fully grown when I brought him home.

So I'm guessing he must be at least 14 years old now, 12 of those were with me in my tanks.

Re: zoas...yeahhhh
those were days when people called me 'Zoa man', 'zoa guy' lol!. After having so many morphs, the thrill just went away. It's funny to me to see some of the same zoas and palys I used to have, with new names, going for stupidly ridiculous Cornbred-level prices now *puke*

but I am glad I stuck with the softies, though :) always had an affinity for those particular corals, and it sure seems they like me given the growth and good health they enjoy in my system :D

41 - 44 of 44 Posts