GTA Aquarium Forums banner

81 - 100 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
Exactly :)

Hope the "Dark" side will become a "Bright" side.

Just added an AutoAqua Smart Skimmer Security gadget to prevent skimmate from overflowing back to the tank. Very easy to setup:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #82 (Edited)
Also changed out the acrylic piece that covers the two empty cup holes with two 4" frag discs!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
Can anyone tell me why I can't include image on my posts using the code such as [ IMG ]http://www.abc.com/123.jpg[ /IMG ]. Note that on the real code there is no space in front or after the IMG and /IMG.

The above link is just an example.

·
Hunh?
2,545 Posts
I disabled it as I'm just jelly that you and others have a reef system and I haven't for the past 12 years.

Kidding...I have no admin privileges.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
LOL

It is kind of strange that someone can do it on their sales post and I had done that before no problem.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #86

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Have you pledged? If you do, they now need beta testers! So if you have pledged one and if you are also selected as a beta tester, then basically you can keep the beta test unit afterwards plus the one you have pledged!

·
Reefing is my meth
1,862 Posts
Have you pledged? If you do, they now need beta testers! So if you have pledged one and if you are also selected as a beta tester, then basically you can keep the beta test unit afterwards plus the one you have pledged!
I haven't yet but . definitely considering it.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
They haven't reached the crowd funding goal yet and there is only one week to go to make it happens.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #92 (Edited)
I have installed an Alkatronic made by Focustronic! It is a standalone alkalinity monitor with doser!

I chose this out of other brands because it is a standalone unit without relying on other equipment.

As it has only one pump for dosing alkalinity so I have to use Tropic Marin's Carbo-Calcium (KH+CA) which is a mixture of KH and CA. Tropic Marin also has another product called All-For-Reef which is a mixture of KH, CA, and MG, but it is more expensive. I figure I can dose magnesium manually once in a while.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
I have installed an Alkatronic made by Focustronic! It is a standalone alkalinity monitor with doser!

I chose this out of other brands because it is a standalone unit without relying on other equipment.

As it has only one pump for dosing alkalinity so I have to use Tropic Marin's Carbo-Calcium (KH+CA) which is a mixture of KH and CA. Tropic Marin also has another product called All-For-Reef which is a mixture of KH, CA, and MG, but it is more expensive. I figure I can dose magnesium manually once in a while.
I didn't even know such product even existed. Do you consider stable ALK is that important that a device like this will help?

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
A stable tank will surely help. It can keep Alk within 0.2dkh.

Testing alk manually is very easy but how many of us will test it frequent enough? This unit can test it at least twice a day or even once every two hours!

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
I like that Alkatronic very much, keep the alkalinity within 0.2 dkh between 8.0 and 8.2!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #96 (Edited)
The Tropic Marin Carbo-Calcium is also very good, keep the pH within 0.1 or so!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #98

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Discussion Starter #99 (Edited)
Here are the pictures of FTS and Cyphastrea section. I am still trying to figure how to make better pictures! By the way how can you embed pictures on the post instead of just showing thumbnails?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Here are the pictures of FTS and Cyphastrea section. I am still trying to figure how to make better pictures! By the way how can you embed pictures on the post instead of just showing thumbnails?
Looks like tank just need time to grow corals now. I forgot you are doing bare bottom now. There seem to be a lot of debate about this.. what made you decide on the barebottom?

Also, how do you like the wave makers - I don't have one but I may consider in the future.. I see most people mounting them horizontally, how's the flow withe current configuration?

See this post on taking photos under blue light - https://www.gtaaquaria.com/forum/showpost.php?p=1773904&postcount=8

Here's the photo I have attached to the post then linked to the article. This should work for sure as the photo is located on the GTA aquaria site.
- upload your photo as attachment
- goto attach files section where you can see the link to the photo
- copy the link of the photo (right click on the browser - copy link address)
- go to the post and use "insert image" then paste the link

Attachments

81 - 100 of 145 Posts