GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm leaving for Mexico on Wednesday. I will be staying at the Grand Sirenis Riveria Maya Resort which has great snorkeling right of the beach. Has anyone been their and have any tips? I have already booked Xel Ha Eco park and plan on visiting the ruins in Tulum.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
enjoy the ruins in tulum! when i was on the cruise the boat was late leaving houston tx due to fog so they cancelled our excursion to tulum.

regardless, definatly walk with your snorkeling gear! (i got a great set for about $70, mask, flippers and bag from costco made by seadoo). i was just at some random beach but saw plenty of fish and a sting ray but not any coral where i was.

·
Not a mod!
7,167 Posts
All the coral is pretty much gone due to the resorts moving in and destroying them. You can find day trips to do snorkeling though so I would ask when you get down there.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
^good idea. the rentals were pretty crappy too because they didn't have that valve on it for when it went underwater; so every now and then you would see someone choke and water shoot out of their snorkle. lol

a underwater camera is fun too. i grabbed a canon d20 and it worked great.

i posted some pics from my trip before:

http://www.gtaaquaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=50345

oh and steal a bun from the buffet, the fish go nuts for it. i told like 6 other people who were snorkeling there to gather around and threw a bun in and fish swarmed all of us.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts