GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I'm having a problem with my small clowns and gsp getting through my egg crate on my over flow does any one have a idea how to fix it and still get good flow? I've lost 2 fish this week cause of it

·
Hunh?
2,547 Posts
If they can't get through the grating of the eggcrate, they are jumping over it. Secure another piece of eggcrate horizontally so it overhangs over the aquarium, not the overflow.

HTH

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If they can't get through the grating of the eggcrate, they are jumping over it. Secure another piece of eggcrate horizontally so it overhangs over the aquarium, not the overflow.

HTH
There going through it I believe but that is a idea to start with

·
Hunh?
2,547 Posts
You won't lose draining flow rate in your particular set-up. Running ~1200gph on that linear overflow length, then I would worry ;)

Offset the egg crate so that it looks like it's divided in quarters when you look into one of the openings and keep a gap of ~3-5mm b/w the eggcrate. That should do the trick.

I'm not a fan of using netting/screening on eggcrate for preventing overflow "thrill riders". One has to be extra diligent on keeping the screening/netting clean as there is a higher risk of overflowing of the main display should they get clogged.

JM2C

A suggestion:
Move the return outlet to the opposite side of the aquarium WRT the overflow.

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You won't lose draining flow rate in your particular set-up. Running ~1200gph on that linear overflow length, then I would worry ;)

Offset the egg crate so that it looks like it's divided in quarters when you look into one of the openings and keep a gap of ~3-5mm b/w the eggcrate. That should do the trick.

I'm not a fan of using netting/screening on eggcrate for preventing overflow "thrill riders". One has to be extra diligent on keeping the screening/netting clean as there is a higher risk of overflowing of the main display should they get clogged.

JM2C

A suggestion:
Move the return outlet to the opposite side of the aquarium WRT the overflow.
Okay I have a 1200 gph return pump I was thinking about getting plexiglass and making a block with the lines in it but don't think I'll get my flow

1 - 10 of 10 Posts