GTA Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, are there reliable power strips with separately controlled timers on the sockets? I know there are "smart" power bars which you control through an app. but it seems that if the wifi or power goes out the settings are lost etc. Are the old school mechanical timers still the best choice?
Thanks!

·
Registered
444 Posts
I picked up a couple of the power bars that big al's supplies. I find them much more reliable than the home depot ones that plug into the wall socket. They have a built in battery back up that keeps the program stored during a power outage.

Lee

·
Registered
444 Posts
It has eight sockets. Four are not timed, two are on, and two are off. You can set the timer to turn two sockets on and off, the other two are always opposite. It's a Coralife Power Centre.

Lee

·
Registered
166 Posts
canadian tire has a power strip that has 4 outlets on one side that are timer controlled (single timer), and 4 on the other side that are always on. It has a small coin battery to keep the program if power goes out.
But, my experience with the smart plugs is that they do keep their programming after an outage. When power comes back on, they resume the same programs, and acquire the correct time from the interwebs. I have smart plugs from Globe and Geeni and this is true for both.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts