GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering i did all my parameter checks last night and here is what i have

Magnesium – 1360 ppm
Alkalinity – 10.2 DkH
Calcium – 480 ppm
Phosphates – 0.36 ppm
Ammonia – 0.2 ppm
Nitrate – 0 ppm
Nitrite – 0 ppm
PH – 8.0
Specific Gravity – 1.030
Temperature – 79

I know my specific gravity is a little high i am currently working on getting it lower.. now my question is for some reason my sps keep on bleaching like i dip everything that goes into my tank and once again i have STN or RTN on a bunch of them.. im trying to figure out what is going on but i cant and it always happens to the same kind of corals.. any help would be really appreciated

·
Dis-membered
2,408 Posts
It's a bit of a pain but try to get a baseline on your parameters and measure every day for a week. They look to be in a pretty good rage, find out if they swing at all.

Other things to consider are flow and lighting. Sometime it's just about finding the right spot for the right coral.

I am sure you know this stuff already.

·
moved on...
6,341 Posts
what about lights, flow, corals location? they also will affect your SPS

IME a specific gravity of 1.030 is NOT going to cause the problems your having, but it is high.

and if you really have STN or RTN

http://www.coralrx.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=16&Itemid=18

Prevention: A quarantine tank is the easiest way to prevent Vibrio infections from destroying your reef tank. Ideally corals should be left in quarantine for 3 months. During the quarantine time you should view the coral on a daily basis and watch for any anomalies. Whether or not quarantine is an option, a dip in CoralRx is highly suggested.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
794 Posts
Are you sure the 0.2ppm ammonia is accurate. If the tank has cycled properly, you shouldn't have a reading like that.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 6 bulb T-5 HO fixture with 3 actinics 2 12000k bulbs and a pink.. I have 5 pumps currently running so there is a lot of flow.. The are on a frag rack.. The tank is a 75 gallon.. It's been up and running since the beginning of April so it has fully cycled.. I'm gonna check ammonia again tonight cause it doesn't make sense..

·
Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so i just checked my parameters and they are all really close to my readings from yesterday.. My ammonia is at 0 i re-tested everything when i got home today.. I dip every coral i have with CORALFX.. so im not too sure what is going on.. maybe i will use my small tank that i have had running for a while as a quarantine tank.. hopefully that will help out, i am going to dip the corals once again and go from there..

Thanks Jeff for the help and of course as always Sig is always helpful with his input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts