GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Thanks for posting the photos. I wish more people would show their shrimps.

It has nothing with showing off, or attention grabbing. Its about sharing your experience, and for me, I get to see the great varieties and variations.

Learning from Randy, cell phone camera is pretty good at capturing these critters. In fact I get better picture on my phone than my wife's D90. Given her lense are telephoto zoom, not prime or macros.

Do you mind if I ask you some questions. Don't answer them if they are too much.

Can you provide info on tank setup, and breeding behavior, and variation in the offsprings?

·
Registered
357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
shrimps

WIth so many varieties of shrimp in the hobby now it's great to share pics, and show off your collection...

The Blue Pearls for now are kept in a 7 gallon, with that black fluval substrate planted with some mosses, creeping jenny, and pennywort. I wish to move them to a larger 15g later on... With the Blue Pearls you always get a variation in colour with offspring, from bluish to greenish to colourless. My group I've been selectively breeding them for the past 3- 4yrs, choosing the bluest individuals to breed.

The water conditions and anything else mentioned on my blog entry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts