GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I have the same question posted on AP: What are your thoughts on an ATI 2 bulb 54 watt ballast? I'm thinking of ordering one since my ballast gave way. Anything bad that you've heard about them or another ballast you can recommend to buy locally. I'm trying to keep it under 80 bucks so icecap is out of the question.

Thanks

·
Hunh?
2,543 Posts
IceCap is no longer in business. CoralVue has bought them out, per se.

I'm not sure if ATI makes their own ballast or is private labeled but look into the $$$ of Advance (Phillips) and Sylvania as they are commonly used in T5HO units like Tek and AquaActinics.

Harold of Menagerie pointed me to Ultrasave(.ca) but have never tried their ballasts but they use them in their SW systems.

HTH

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
heat

i was worried about heat...the stock ballast in the aquatic life fixture runs warm but not hot at all. thanx for pointing that out!

and thanx for the tip wtac!

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Hi Wilson, does ultrasave sell to the public in Ontario? I need to replace an aquaticlife T5HO ballast.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Thanks Wilson. Called them, they don't sell to the public.

Does anyone know where I can get a replacement ballast for a 2 bulb T5HO lamp?: 24watt, 120 v, 60 hz TYPE 1 outdoor, Class P, Input current .8A, Power factor .55, Sound rating A

1 - 10 of 10 Posts