GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks to those that purchased the corals/frags that I had recently posted. As a result; I had some $ and made room and for a colony of Aussie Gold Torch Coral from Reef Raft. This colony has multiple branching heads and each head is fleshy and puffy. So much eye candy at RR......

Pics were taken during acclimation. More pics to follow at a later time.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Thanks guys. I just wish I could capture colours better in the pics. I've tried different camera, different settings, and different display lighting. The colours and white balance is way off. The coral looks more white in the pics and less yellow/gold than it should. You get the idea though. lol. Cheers.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Better Pics?.....

Thanks for the compliments. Don't ask me how many pictures I took before I narrowed it down to these 3. I looked like a complete moron today standing in front of the display and taking picture after picture. Different time intervals, different lighting, different camera settings, waiting for an unobstructed view; not to mention the editing to attempt a true naked eye representation...yada...yada...yada....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Stinging Sweepers/Tentacles.....

Knock on wood....I haven't experienced that so far. If you note in the pics....there is a small Metallic Green torch just sitting below the Gold torch. The Green is from Indo, the Gold is from Aussie.

From my experience; the same family/group of euphyllias are generally safe with one another ie.) hammers with hammers, torches with torches, frogspawn with frogspawn. There are always exceptions to the rule of course.

All my hammers are currently grouped together without issues.

I've read that the 'universal' euphyllia seems to be frogspawn. Apparently it's said to be relatively safe with any combination. I've experienced this as well.

Torches tend to have the more violent/strong sting and care needs to be taken to monitor the coral itself and its surroundings for signs of trouble if you plan on combining.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Nice gold torch....I picked up one myself. Beauty under Royal blue LED.

Hammers and torches sting each other...found that one out. They can kinda touch for a while but eventually a little bit of a battle ensues.

How come this thread is in the marketplace?

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Yeah...totally agree; they look great under Blue lighting. Crazy colouration. I would have originally put this post in the 'General Marine' section to share with others....but I thought I'd give a plug to Reef Raft. Someone would have eventually asked where it was purchased.

I won't stop you from posting pics of yours ;)

Next on the list.....some form of Scoly..... ;)

I try to "group"my euphyllias....hammers with hammers, torches with torches etc..I've heard of similar experiences where a battle will grow among different forms as well.

·
Registered
2,142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nah....I waited too long for this piece. I don't anticipate selling it anytime soon. As with some of my other posts - I don't mind sharing where I purchased an item especially if I believe it to be an exceptional piece; whether it be by rarity or price.

I've posted about other pieces and LFS in a similar manner in the past. If some feel it doesn't belong in this section; I have no issues having it moved or closed. My 2 cents was already shared.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
nice buy! let me know if you ever frag it!

same deal with me. had a purple hammer right next to a green hammer and they got along fine, until one day...the green started to sting the purple one. i'm talking like over a month.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts