GTA Aquarium Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I live in Toronto and I've noticed that there is a definite lack of Toronto Aquarium club. I'm looking to Gage interest in a live bearers club that would meet once a month. Isn't it time there is a Toronto group!! Anyway either write on this post or Pm me
Thank you:)

·
Pleco Hunter
512 Posts
I was thinking about this the other day with a friend. There aren't any toronto aquarium clubs. Would be great if there was a GTAS (greater toronto aqaurium society) im down for the livebearer club but would rather have just a general club so it would be inclusive to all and cater to the large population of gta. You think there would be interest?

·
Freshwater Fish Keeper
326 Posts
There used to be a Toronto aquarium club that met in Willowdale, but is no longer active.

To the west, the Peel Region Aquarium Club meets in Brampton
http://www.peelaquariumclub.org
They also have a Facebook page.
There are many members who keep Livebearers in this club.

To the east, the Durham Region Club meets in Ajax:
http://www.dras.ca

The Canadian Association of Aquarium Clubs had a display at the Canadian Pet Expo this past weekend:
http://www.caoac.ca/index.html

The Barrie Aquarium club is having an auction Sunday April 3rd, I am sure there will be Livebearers for sale in that auction:
http://www.1brass.com

Have fun keeping fish and join a club :)

·
Pleco Hunter
512 Posts
I'd love to join a club just not more than 50 km away from my place lol

Was thinking if a couple of people from toronto wanted to get together and organize one. Rent out a space near the 400/401 area so it's easy access for everyone to get to from all gta areas. Monthly meetings. Etc.

Also I don't mean to hijack the thread lol just been thinking about this for a while.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Im in aurora, but id be down to meet with more ppl to discuss the hobby.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hello, I live in Toronto and I've noticed that there is a definite lack of Toronto Aquarium club. I'm looking to Gage interest in a live bearers club that would meet once a month. Isn't it time there is a Toronto group!! Anyway either write on this post or Pm me

Great idea, but should be general in nature, and cater to all fish keepers, cast a bigger net, if you will. Mart E.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Fish Club

Honestly, i'd love to meet more people in the hobby. a GTA or Toronto based club would be awesome. I'm actually quite surprised that we dont have one. If we start a livebearer one, I'd be down. I always wanted to get into some cooler livebearers but have no idea how i would be able to get them :)

To get started, and to gage interest, just pick a day and time, and some place free, like a coffee shop, and see who shows up. I think I saw a post from someone who wants to rent space at 401/400 for the club. Mart E.

·
Aquascaping Apprentice
1,588 Posts
I'd like to see one here in the gta as well. I think finding people to run it and manage it is going to be the biggest hurdle. Its a lot of work and time i imagine. I'd be nice to meet others in the hobby by other means than buying or selling items from the classifieds here lol.

Maybe start simple and arrange a meet at someone's place? Anyone here have any experience running a club like this?

·
Registered
141 Posts
Fish Club

I think that a general interest club would be best. To start, get a list of people interested in joining, then pick a place for a meeting, like maybe a coffee shop. And go from there.

·
OK, just 1 more plant
582 Posts
Any interest in an online hangout (i.e. Google Hangouts allows for 8 attendees)? Attendees would ideally be willing to have their webcams on. It'd be low risk/commitment on the part of organizer(s) and attendees. And it'd be an easy way for people to show their tanks, ask questions, etc.

Maybe it wouldn't work with everyone talking over everyone else, but then we could all hang up and go back to typing on this forum :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts