GTA Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have two tanks. One with fish, including plecos and Cory cat fish and regular tetras and shrimp tank with mix of cherry and crystal shrimps.
I'm going out of country on 3 weeks vacation and looking for any advice how to feed my shrimps and fish while I'm away and with what ? Should I buy auto feeder and which one or should I buy vacation food and which one. Should I buy auto feeder for fish tank and vacation food for shrimps and where is best place to buy vacation food and auto feeder for both tanks?
Any advice is appreciated.
Thanks
Paul

·
OK, just 1 more plant
617 Posts
I've used the Eheim Everyday feeders a few times. They're not perfect, but they got the job done. You'll need to use food that is uniform in size if you want to control how much is dropped per feeding. I spent a little time testing the feeders and adjusting the amount dropped before installing them on my tank. I also set them up a day or two before leaving so I could watch them in action. A couple of weeks before my trip I increase feeding so my fish could build up some reserves. I also used a feeding ring before and during my vacation so the food was in the same location.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts