GTA Aquarium Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure there's other's who had to deal with tank casualties from this holiday's ice storm. I feel for all of ya. I finally just got power Sunday.

I saved some of my larger fishes but lost most of my shrimps / CPDs/ Plants due to the cold.

Is there a way to clean the gravel to re-use my eco-complete gravel? The gravel is still wet as i drained the water to that level. But it's full of roots and hidden dead snails/shrimps :(

I need to clean it up today as everything is now dethawing

· Registered
1,007 Posts
I'm sure there's other's who had to deal with tank casualties from this holiday's ice storm. I feel for all of ya. I finally just got power Sunday.

I saved some of my larger fishes but lost most of my shrimps / CPDs/ Plants due to the cold.

Is there a way to clean the gravel to re-use my eco-complete gravel? The gravel is still wet as i drained the water to that level. But it's full of roots and hidden dead snails/shrimps :(

I need to clean it up today as everything is now dethawing
There is no point in cleaning the gravel, you should leave it how it is as just re-plant as it already has stored nutrients throughout it from all the fish and shrimp poop. Don't worry about the old roots either just re-plant and watch. The other alternative is to take all the gravel out, wash it in a bucket and then put it back but you're going to lose a lot of good nutrients that you built up.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.