GTA Aquarium Forums banner

What do your cory cats love to eat?

2K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Wiccandove 
#1 ·
I just stocked my first tank since getting back into the hobby. I have three juli cories, and they're quite small (~7/8"). I remember from last time I did okay with the hikari wafers. I'm wondering about veggies, and other treats. What do you feed your cory cats?

I have hornwort floating near the top of my tank, and the detritus (bits from it) seem to attract the cories even more than the hikari wafers. I'm thinking my cories are not currently going to the hikari wafers because frankly they've never seen them before. They spend 90% of their time nomming on my logs.

W

#4 ·
Corys are obviously bottom feeders and therefore will eat foods that settle on the bottom. If yours swim to other parts of the tank in search of food, that's a bonus and completely normal behavior
Mine will eat all of these foods (which I try to vary); frozen bloodworms, frozen brine shrimp, sinking pellets (I like the Hikari bottom feeders type) and of course any flake food that hits the bottom
I've kept corys for 20+ years and I find them to be a great part of the cleanup crew and a very interesting species of fish. Overall they are very accepting of most foods
Good luck and welcome back !

#5 ·
Cory care

I've been feeding mine two pellets per Cory of Omega One Shrimp pellets, one Omega One Veggie Round per two Cory once a week. They get leftover brine shrimp one per week as well. I sometimes put in blanched zucchini which is the only veggie they seem to like. I did by the Hikari shrimp wafers to try and they don't seem to have a preference between those and the pellets.

They are my new favourite fish!

#6 ·
Among the many things I feed my corys, and by far their favorite, are earthworm pellets. I don't feed them very often, maybe once every 1 1/2 weeks because I rotate foods for my fish. They love those more then the wafers for sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.